I missed a ton from Chelsea tbf but the money that has taken and the amount of players (literally hundreds over the decades since Terry), the ratio is still low (which was all I was trying to say).weasel wrote: ↑Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:31 pm I see us as trying to emulate Chelsea. In their first team squad: Mason Mount, Conor Gallacher, Armando Broja , Trevor Chalobah, Ruben Loftus Cheek and Reece James, they have had Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori having moved to Italy and doing really well, Billy Gilmour and Tariq Lamptey playing for Brighton. Additonally the likes of DeBruyne, Lukaku and Salah bought in as advanced youngsters but sold before they made a real impact.
That for me is what I se us as trying to do, singing promising youngsters (like Chelsea did with Salah and DeBruyne) having some players make it to our first team and others that aren't good enough for us but hopefully good enough to be sold to bring some money back into the club.
We have always been trying to emulate City and Chelsea to some degree even in the Championship which was always a source of frustration for me.
Sort the first team first.
The money it would take to get that calibre of players for what would still be a relatively low success rate is totally out of our reach.
Chelsea and City hoover up the best prospects from across the globe and yet still see a success to failure rate of pretty stark numbers I'd imagine.
What chance do we have of making it successful with our very limited resources?
Reiterate I am not knocking the kids, they are what they are, not without talent I'm sure.
But the policy is what I question.
That's all


