Leeds Utd 1-1 Leicester City - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Leeds United v Leicester City
Leeds United
Leeds United
1–1
Premier League
25/04/2023
Elland Road
Leicester City
Leicester City
All-time record vs Leicester City
131
Played
50
Won
36
Drawn
45
Lost
+27
GD
38%
Win %
Home record at Elland Road
65
Played
33
Won
15
Drawn
17
Lost
+50
GD
51%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
20/10/2022 King Power Stadium 2–0 L Premier League ↗
05/03/2022 King Power Stadium 1–0 L Premier League ↗
07/11/2021 Elland Road 1–1 D Premier League ↗
31/01/2021 King Power Stadium 1–3 W Premier League ↗
02/11/2020 Elland Road 1–4 L Premier League ↗
All-time top scorers vs Leicester City
#PlayerGoals
1 Gordon Hodgson 7
2 John Charles 7
3 Peter Lorimer 6
4 Mark Viduka 5
5 Harry Kewell 5
Starting XI
Goa Meslier
Def Ayling
Def Koch
Def Cooper ©
Def Firpo
Mid McKennie
Mid Roca
Mid Harrison
For Moreno
For Bamford
Substitutes
Unused Substitutes
-- Forshaw
-- Struijk
-- Robles
-- Rutter
-- Kristensen
-- Gnonto
-- Greenwood
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 469
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:03 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Jimang »

Yes massive game and team selection is critical. For me Koch and Wober together seemed to have an understanding before, so I would definately pair them together. Gnonto and Summerville also played well together so I would start them too. I would play Gnonto just behind Bamford and Summerville on the right. This would enable Sinesterra to operate on the left.
I would stick with Meslier as I think he would get more cover in front of him, but the defensive midfield and full back positions are what worry me. Not been impressed with Mckennie of late and not sure if Forshaw has the legs any more. Think I would give Gyabi a go alongside Roca. Wish Adams was fit for sure. Full backs probably Ayling and Firpo, but the cupboard is very bare in those positions and I can see problems ahead. Think we need to play in our more attacking style rather than this un natural sitting back style, and hope we score more than we concede. If Aaronson, Harrison and Mckennie start again I think we will be in big trouble.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'll be waking up to the result, fwiw i think we've gone backwards and are fcked.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

Can't go experimenting with a game this important. Take a look at what happened to Spurs when they tried experimenting with Newcastle. So no Gyabi for me, and no fooling around with both Bamford and Rodrigo on together. Neither one of them is a 10.

Heaven help us if Wober can't play. He needs to be back in the middle with Koch.
WestgateRun
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun May 24, 2020 7:53 pm
Location: Wakefield

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by WestgateRun »

Normally you would say "It's at home. That gives us an advantage, surely?"
But we have shipped eleven goals in the last two home games.
morris474
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:39 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by morris474 »

With the managers eccentric picking of his best team and his unusual tactics 4. 0 to Leicester.
Overman
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3324
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Overman »

Our self-entitled lot need to follow suit. It might be an incentive for them.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230425-183557_Chrome.jpg
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21199
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Overman wrote: ↑Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:42 pm Our self-entitled lot need to follow suit. It might be an incentive for them.
Of course they should. It’s a bit of pocket money to them.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Ackermann
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:46 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Ackermann »

So today we are getting basically relegated...enjoy. :cry:
Ackermann
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:46 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Ackermann »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:45 pm Of course they should. It’s a bit of pocket money to them.
Pocket money...wow, as a child I wouldn`t be pleased to get so little.
It`s not even 1 pence worth of pocket money.
Just like bankers: they get their yearly bonuses irrelevant if their bank
goes bust or makes a few billion.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41661
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

Absolutely 100% must win.

Time for this cowardly lot to step up.

I'm torn on throwing in the kids, on the one hand it isn't really fair on them.

On the other hand I hate to see underperforming players picked regardless of form.

So for me and I know Javi won't do this but I would go

. . . . . . . . . . . .Robles. . . . . . . . . . . .

Kris . . . . . Koch . . . .Wober . . . . .Firpo.

. . . . . . . . Gray . . . . Roca . . . . . . . .

Summerville. .Gnonto . .Sinisterra.

. . . . . . . . . .Rutter . . . . . . . . . . .

Full backs are purely needs must and I can't watch Ayling get Absolutely hammered by Barnes as he has been vs every decent winger for ages.

Kristensen for me

Want Wober at cb as he and Koch looked fairly OK for a while. And Firpo did have a small upturn in form not long ago.

McKennie should never play for us again.

Forshaw wasn't the answer 2 years ago and isn't now and kidding ourselves thinking otherwise.

Gray would I think do the running and show the energy we severely lack with those two plodders

Roca can atleast pick a pass on occasion.

Harrison and Aaronson sick to death of seeing them in the starting lineup.

Gnonto, Summerville and Sinisterra are imo our most dangerous trio in those roles and I'd like to see them together.

Lots of pace and flair and energy.

And Rutter it just has to work, if nothing else he is likely the most match fit of the 3 striking options.

Rodrigo is an absolute passenger at the moment and provides literally nothing, can't press, can't hold the ball up, can't run in behind.

Without his goals you see how little he actually contributes.

Bamford is clearly not fit, the slight upside on Rodrigo is he runs hard and on occasion can link play and hold the ball up, but it's been rare for quite some time.

So I'd start Rutter and hope he can show what in God's name made Orta think he was worth 34.5mil more than he cost Hoffenheim 2 years ago.

Also I think the fans would get behind that lineup.

Most fans don't blame Rutter, and I'm sure would like to see him do well.

Gray would be a really popular pick.

And the 3 attackers behind Rutter would be a popular choice imo.

So it would hopefully life the mood in the stadium.

Absolutely 0 chance Javi does this lineup but its what I'd like
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20735
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

Not sure I can bring myself to watch this on the big telly, maybe my phone without commentary (how many times will we hear 'relegation fight, six pointer, 16 years, Bielsa etc etc...) it will be unbearable, especially if Sam Matterface and Andy Hinchliffe are the comms
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2911
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Barnes has a field day v us regardless. Hope he's injured. Pretty much cjay's line up swap gyabi for Roca who's done nowt. Rodrigo for Rutter maybe he can remember what he's supposed to be doing🤣
Rest pretty much picks itself as its mostly chaff rather than wheat anyway .

Lose tonight and we're gone I 🤔 fingers crossed we show up.
User avatar
malcolmw
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3707
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by malcolmw »

Maybe we should just play the U21's - some skill and passion in that group?!

As long as the 'the horizontal expert' Aaronson, Mr. 'which way are we playing' McKennie aren't playing and Gnonto is .... (for more than 15 minutes) I will keep hoping.
But lose this one and we may as well play the U21's for the rest of the season, because they will be our starting line-up in the Championship next season.
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13057
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Think it's time to get some balls back in the team - Ayling, Cooper, Forshaw.

Let the big wage, big transfer fee primadonna new boys huddle under a blanket while the real men dig us out of this s**t. Let the blanket boys be next season's project. We need resilience now.

Meslier
Ayling - Koch - Cooper - Firpo
Forshaw - Wober
Sinsiterra - Harrison - Gnonto
Bamford
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7055
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:08 pm Absolutely 100% must win.

Time for this cowardly lot to step up.

I'm torn on throwing in the kids, on the one hand it isn't really fair on them.

On the other hand I hate to see underperforming players picked regardless of form.

So for me and I know Javi won't do this but I would go

. . . . . . . . . . . .Robles. . . . . . . . . . . .

Kris . . . . . Koch . . . .Wober . . . . .Firpo.

. . . . . . . . Gray . . . . Roca . . . . . . . .

Summerville. .Gnonto . .Sinisterra.

. . . . . . . . . .Rutter . . . . . . . . . . .

Full backs are purely needs must and I can't watch Ayling get Absolutely hammered by Barnes as he has been vs every decent winger for ages.

Kristensen for me

Want Wober at cb as he and Koch looked fairly OK for a while. And Firpo did have a small upturn in form not long ago.

McKennie should never play for us again.

Forshaw wasn't the answer 2 years ago and isn't now and kidding ourselves thinking otherwise.

Gray would I think do the running and show the energy we severely lack with those two plodders

Roca can atleast pick a pass on occasion.

Harrison and Aaronson sick to death of seeing them in the starting lineup.

Gnonto, Summerville and Sinisterra are imo our most dangerous trio in those roles and I'd like to see them together.

Lots of pace and flair and energy.

And Rutter it just has to work, if nothing else he is likely the most match fit of the 3 striking options.

Rodrigo is an absolute passenger at the moment and provides literally nothing, can't press, can't hold the ball up, can't run in behind.

Without his goals you see how little he actually contributes.

Bamford is clearly not fit, the slight upside on Rodrigo is he runs hard and on occasion can link play and hold the ball up, but it's been rare for quite some time.

So I'd start Rutter and hope he can show what in God's name made Orta think he was worth 34.5mil more than he cost Hoffenheim 2 years ago.

Also I think the fans would get behind that lineup.

Most fans don't blame Rutter, and I'm sure would like to see him do well.

Gray would be a really popular pick.

And the 3 attackers behind Rutter would be a popular choice imo.

So it would hopefully life the mood in the stadium.

Absolutely 0 chance Javi does this lineup but its what I'd like
Punt United.

Gray in midfield, he scored a great goal in the under23’s but as a starter, surely Gyabi would be a safer bet. Rutter up top ? We need goals to win. Better having Gnonto in that position at least we know he can score. Would have Ayling over Kris - he doesn’t cros the half way line. To get in behind we need the full backs to overlap, otherwise we do as we did last and soak up pressure and look to break. Is that what you prefer ?
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by GreennWhite »

I would be very surprised if Javi brought in any of the players he has been keeping on the bench lately. Like a lot on here i cant understand why Willy doesn't get more game time. He lifts the crowd and I'm sure the players when he's playing.
Its going to take a big change in fortunes for us to get a result tonight, but we all live in hope :) :tup:
WhiteRose
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3692
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by WhiteRose »

Wober not playing - why risk him for Fulham when Leicester was the more crucial tie.
User avatar
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Scoobychief »

Piss weak midfield again no option whatsoever there harrison invisible man on. My goodness
apollo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: Belfast NI UK

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by apollo »

No start for Gnonto again
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21199
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

That’s a shocker. No Summerville or Gnonto.
Absolutely no hope.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Post Reply