I'd love to see him twat a winner v that thug John McGinn, but just can't see him involved much and see him being loaned out to another Championship side.Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:28 pm As always, time will tell but, personally, I’d be surprised if he’s not there or thereabouts around the first team, which ain’t bad for an 18 year old kid.
Archie Gray
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23139
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Archie Gray
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9744
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
Jeez if I’d known he was a Celtic fan I’d have been asking to get him kicked out sooner
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11781
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Archie Gray
Me too mate.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
Certainly a deal everyone can be happy with. Archie, Great Uncle Eddie, and the accountants. Plus we got Rodon.
Some saying it's down to the 49ers. But are you telling me Leslie Silver and Bill Fotherby would have turned down that money?
-
Johnsie123
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 657
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
I got to say in my opinion I would much prefer us keep Grey and get rid of 1 of the others,like crys I think Grey is more important to us than Crys I know he scored loads last season but who knows if he is going to have the same impact this year I don't think he will,but I think they will sell him also if the right offer comes in,this is all down to not spending in the winter window simple as .I am going off the theme a bit now but they have got to get rid of Bamford this season he is crap we all got to remember the last 2 seasons he has left us in the mire with so called injuries he just don't like it when the going get tough simple as.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
I don't think it's a choice of which. Pretty sure Summerville will be leaving too. Separate from that, I think Archie is gone because it was just too good of a deal.Johnsie123 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:12 pm I got to say in my opinion I would much prefer us keep Grey and get rid of 1 of the others,like crys I think Grey is more important to us than Crys I know he scored loads last season but who knows if he is going to have the same impact this year I don't think he will,but I think they will sell him also if the right offer comes in,this is all down to not spending in the winter window simple as .I am going off the theme a bit now but they have got to get rid of Bamford this season he is crap we all got to remember the last 2 seasons he has left us in the mire with so called injuries he just don't like it when the going get tough simple as.
- BradWhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2207
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 pm
- Location: General at Ivory Tower
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
Yeah how dare he be so disloyal by taking £5m a year in wages and a £3 million signing on fee + £m sponsorship deals and EPL and European football and bonuses.
What is he playing at?
It makes no sense at all.
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19702
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Archie Gray
Forget about twatting a winner I would rather just see him twat McGinn.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
I like Archie and I wish him all the best in his career. He's no longer a part of LUFC, same as KP, so they've made their beds and they can lie in them. I don't want them back either.
I don't understand all the crying and renting of clothes? He's a good young football player who wants to advance his career, what's wrong with that?
He wasn't forced out, in his last contract he had a clause inserted allowing him to leave the club for the right offer. He's done well for us as he's brought us 30 million in and Joe Rodon. In our current position as a Championship club that's a good deal.
This is one of the outcomes of the club being badly managed for a number of years. We got things wrong in the EPL and this is a consequence of that. I've got no issues with Jimmy, Willy, Meslier and anyone else leaving if we can get a good deal for them and bring good replacements in at the right price.
If they feel they need to move to advance their careers go on then. KP thought the same and look at how that's turned out
Every player is replaceable, and the sooner people can understand that we are fans of a sporting business that's driven by people looking to advance their own interests and careers the sooner they will be able to recognize that it is unrealistic to get emotionally attached to players.
I don't understand all the crying and renting of clothes? He's a good young football player who wants to advance his career, what's wrong with that?
He wasn't forced out, in his last contract he had a clause inserted allowing him to leave the club for the right offer. He's done well for us as he's brought us 30 million in and Joe Rodon. In our current position as a Championship club that's a good deal.
This is one of the outcomes of the club being badly managed for a number of years. We got things wrong in the EPL and this is a consequence of that. I've got no issues with Jimmy, Willy, Meslier and anyone else leaving if we can get a good deal for them and bring good replacements in at the right price.
If they feel they need to move to advance their careers go on then. KP thought the same and look at how that's turned out
Every player is replaceable, and the sooner people can understand that we are fans of a sporting business that's driven by people looking to advance their own interests and careers the sooner they will be able to recognize that it is unrealistic to get emotionally attached to players.
- GreennWhite
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3350
- Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
Coming out with sensable stuff like that will only get you in trouble with the hate/negativity brigadeWhite Riot wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:57 pm I like Archie and I wish him all the best in his career. He's no longer a part of LUFC, same as KP, so they've made their beds and they can lie in them. I don't want them back either.
I don't understand all the crying and renting of clothes? He's a good young football player who wants to advance his career, what's wrong with that?
He wasn't forced out, in his last contract he had a clause inserted allowing him to leave the club for the right offer. He's done well for us as he's brought us 30 million in and Joe Rodon. In our current position as a Championship club that's a good deal.
This is one of the outcomes of the club being badly managed for a number of years. We got things wrong in the EPL and this is a consequence of that. I've got no issues with Jimmy, Willy, Meslier and anyone else leaving if we can get a good deal for them and bring good replacements in at the right price.
If they feel they need to move to advance their careers go on then. KP thought the same and look at how that's turned out![]()
Every player is replaceable, and the sooner people can understand that we are fans of a sporting business that's driven by people looking to advance their own interests and careers the sooner they will be able to recognize that it is unrealistic to get emotionally attached to players.
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19702
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
Or raise suspicions that his account has been hacked...GreennWhite wrote: ↑Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:14 am Coming out with sensable stuff like that will only get you in trouble with the hate/negativity brigadeShame on you
![]()
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79063
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Archie Gray
If he does it's unlikely to be us, he could have included that in his contract. And I'd hate it if it happened, can you imagine Gray at say Burnley or Sheff U? Derby ffs!!
I imagine it's a bit like when kids go to Uni, they often want to go to one as far away from home as possible. To spread their wings.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79063
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
typo? Or is it a Damp Squid type thing ?White Riot wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:57 pm I like Archie and I wish him all the best in his career. He's no longer a part of LUFC, same as KP, so they've made their beds and they can lie in them. I don't want them back either.
I don't understand all the crying and renting of clothes? He's a good young football player who wants to advance his career, what's wrong with that?
He wasn't forced out, in his last contract he had a clause inserted allowing him to leave the club for the right offer. He's done well for us as he's brought us 30 million in and Joe Rodon. In our current position as a Championship club that's a good deal.
This is one of the outcomes of the club being badly managed for a number of years. We got things wrong in the EPL and this is a consequence of that. I've got no issues with Jimmy, Willy, Meslier and anyone else leaving if we can get a good deal for them and bring good replacements in at the right price.
If they feel they need to move to advance their careers go on then. KP thought the same and look at how that's turned out![]()
Every player is replaceable, and the sooner people can understand that we are fans of a sporting business that's driven by people looking to advance their own interests and careers the sooner they will be able to recognize that it is unrealistic to get emotionally attached to players.
One for the collection if it is
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23139
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Archie Gray
I imagine it'd be a London or Southern club, so QPR, Millwank, Luton or Watford.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:51 pm If he does it's unlikely to be us, he could have included that in his contract. And I'd hate it if it happened, can you imagine Gray at say Burnley or Sheff U? Derby ffs!!
I imagine it's a bit like when kids go to Uni, they often want to go to one as far away from home as possible. To spread their wings.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
Typo I guess, or my Englis is deterioratingThe Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:53 pm typo? Or is it a Damp Squid type thing ?
One for the collection if it is
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
I thought perhaps times were hard and you’d decided to rent out your Y-fronts. I know Weasel was interested but you wouldn’t want them back after he’d finished with them.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79063
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
lol
My current favourite of those is carpet demon for carpe diem
My current favourite of those is carpet demon for carpe diem
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
Leeds1000
- Manager

- Posts: 4157
- Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
Late to the party as usual. I say good riddance. Like at the fairground...Roll up Roll up Everyone's a winner. He's loaded, the club is now loaded again and young Archie will have to spend a bit of time on the bench watching and learning from that Australian great coach who smashed the Scottish league, like every other Celtic coach before him and after him.
And to Top it off we have the better player in Rodon coming to the mighty Leeds and dropping a division because he really wants to be here. When was the last time we could say that about a player....?
All fair in love and war.
And to Top it off we have the better player in Rodon coming to the mighty Leeds and dropping a division because he really wants to be here. When was the last time we could say that about a player....?
All fair in love and war.
- FeelsLikeThunder
- Youth Team

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:43 pm
Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds
Shame to see him go. Hope he enjoys the bench at Spuds.
"Side before self, every time."
Formerly known as lufcconnor
Formerly known as lufcconnor
Gray, Archie