Archie Gray

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Gray, Archie · 2021–2024
Gray, Archie
England Gray, Archie
Midfielder
b. 12th March 2006 (age 20)
52
Apps
0
Goals
47
Starts
5
Sub Apps
Youth System
Signed 01/08/2021 – 02/07/2024
Youth System → Tottenham Hotspur (Apprentice)
Last 6 Appearances
26 May 2024 · Championship Play Off Final
0–1 L
16 May 2024 · Championship Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg
4–0 W
12 May 2024 · Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg
0–0 D
4 May 2024 · Championship
1–2 L ↑ for Kamara, Glen
26 Apr 2024 · Championship
0–4 L
22 Apr 2024 · Championship
4–3 W
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23139
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Archie Gray

Post by SG90 »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:28 pm As always, time will tell but, personally, I’d be surprised if he’s not there or thereabouts around the first team, which ain’t bad for an 18 year old kid.
I'd love to see him twat a winner v that thug John McGinn, but just can't see him involved much and see him being loaned out to another Championship side.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9744
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jeez if I’d known he was a Celtic fan I’d have been asking to get him kicked out sooner 😅
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11781
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Archie Gray

Post by Barlow Boy »

SG90 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:33 pm I'd love to see him twat a winner v that thug John McGinn, but just can't see him involved much and see him being loaned out to another Championship side.
😂😂😂.

Me too mate.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:03 pm Archie has become a millionaire overnight as he'll receive 10% of the transfer fee, plus he is likely to be earning fifthteen times the 5k salary a week salary he was on at Leeds.

How could a young lad turn that deal down?
Certainly a deal everyone can be happy with. Archie, Great Uncle Eddie, and the accountants. Plus we got Rodon.

Some saying it's down to the 49ers. But are you telling me Leslie Silver and Bill Fotherby would have turned down that money?
Johnsie123
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by Johnsie123 »

I got to say in my opinion I would much prefer us keep Grey and get rid of 1 of the others,like crys I think Grey is more important to us than Crys I know he scored loads last season but who knows if he is going to have the same impact this year I don't think he will,but I think they will sell him also if the right offer comes in,this is all down to not spending in the winter window simple as .I am going off the theme a bit now but they have got to get rid of Bamford this season he is crap we all got to remember the last 2 seasons he has left us in the mire with so called injuries he just don't like it when the going get tough simple as.
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Johnsie123 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:12 pm I got to say in my opinion I would much prefer us keep Grey and get rid of 1 of the others,like crys I think Grey is more important to us than Crys I know he scored loads last season but who knows if he is going to have the same impact this year I don't think he will,but I think they will sell him also if the right offer comes in,this is all down to not spending in the winter window simple as .I am going off the theme a bit now but they have got to get rid of Bamford this season he is crap we all got to remember the last 2 seasons he has left us in the mire with so called injuries he just don't like it when the going get tough simple as.
I don't think it's a choice of which. Pretty sure Summerville will be leaving too. Separate from that, I think Archie is gone because it was just too good of a deal.
User avatar
BradWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2207
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 pm
Location: General at Ivory Tower

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by BradWhite »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:03 pm Archie has become a millionaire overnight as he'll receive 10% of the transfer fee, plus he is likely to be earning fifthteen times the 5k salary a week salary he was on at Leeds.

How could a young lad turn that deal down?
Yeah how dare he be so disloyal by taking £5m a year in wages and a £3 million signing on fee + £m sponsorship deals and EPL and European football and bonuses.

What is he playing at?

It makes no sense at all.

:lol:
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19702
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Archie Gray

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:33 pm I'd love to see him twat a winner v that thug John McGinn, but just can't see him involved much and see him being loaned out to another Championship side.
Forget about twatting a winner I would rather just see him twat McGinn.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by White Riot »

I like Archie and I wish him all the best in his career. He's no longer a part of LUFC, same as KP, so they've made their beds and they can lie in them. I don't want them back either.

I don't understand all the crying and renting of clothes? He's a good young football player who wants to advance his career, what's wrong with that?

He wasn't forced out, in his last contract he had a clause inserted allowing him to leave the club for the right offer. He's done well for us as he's brought us 30 million in and Joe Rodon. In our current position as a Championship club that's a good deal.

This is one of the outcomes of the club being badly managed for a number of years. We got things wrong in the EPL and this is a consequence of that. I've got no issues with Jimmy, Willy, Meslier and anyone else leaving if we can get a good deal for them and bring good replacements in at the right price.

If they feel they need to move to advance their careers go on then. KP thought the same and look at how that's turned out :lol:

Every player is replaceable, and the sooner people can understand that we are fans of a sporting business that's driven by people looking to advance their own interests and careers the sooner they will be able to recognize that it is unrealistic to get emotionally attached to players.
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by GreennWhite »

White Riot wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:57 pm I like Archie and I wish him all the best in his career. He's no longer a part of LUFC, same as KP, so they've made their beds and they can lie in them. I don't want them back either.

I don't understand all the crying and renting of clothes? He's a good young football player who wants to advance his career, what's wrong with that?

He wasn't forced out, in his last contract he had a clause inserted allowing him to leave the club for the right offer. He's done well for us as he's brought us 30 million in and Joe Rodon. In our current position as a Championship club that's a good deal.

This is one of the outcomes of the club being badly managed for a number of years. We got things wrong in the EPL and this is a consequence of that. I've got no issues with Jimmy, Willy, Meslier and anyone else leaving if we can get a good deal for them and bring good replacements in at the right price.

If they feel they need to move to advance their careers go on then. KP thought the same and look at how that's turned out :lol:

Every player is replaceable, and the sooner people can understand that we are fans of a sporting business that's driven by people looking to advance their own interests and careers the sooner they will be able to recognize that it is unrealistic to get emotionally attached to players.
Coming out with sensable stuff like that will only get you in trouble with the hate/negativity brigade :) Shame on you :lol:
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19702
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by weasel »

GreennWhite wrote: ↑Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:14 am Coming out with sensable stuff like that will only get you in trouble with the hate/negativity brigade :) Shame on you :lol:
Or raise suspicions that his account has been hacked... ;-)
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79067
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Archie Gray

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:33 pm I'd love to see him twat a winner v that thug John McGinn, but just can't see him involved much and see him being loaned out to another Championship side.
If he does it's unlikely to be us, he could have included that in his contract. And I'd hate it if it happened, can you imagine Gray at say Burnley or Sheff U? Derby ffs!!

I imagine it's a bit like when kids go to Uni, they often want to go to one as far away from home as possible. To spread their wings.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79067
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by The Subhuman »

White Riot wrote: ↑Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:57 pm I like Archie and I wish him all the best in his career. He's no longer a part of LUFC, same as KP, so they've made their beds and they can lie in them. I don't want them back either.

I don't understand all the crying and renting of clothes? He's a good young football player who wants to advance his career, what's wrong with that?

He wasn't forced out, in his last contract he had a clause inserted allowing him to leave the club for the right offer. He's done well for us as he's brought us 30 million in and Joe Rodon. In our current position as a Championship club that's a good deal.

This is one of the outcomes of the club being badly managed for a number of years. We got things wrong in the EPL and this is a consequence of that. I've got no issues with Jimmy, Willy, Meslier and anyone else leaving if we can get a good deal for them and bring good replacements in at the right price.

If they feel they need to move to advance their careers go on then. KP thought the same and look at how that's turned out :lol:

Every player is replaceable, and the sooner people can understand that we are fans of a sporting business that's driven by people looking to advance their own interests and careers the sooner they will be able to recognize that it is unrealistic to get emotionally attached to players.
typo? Or is it a Damp Squid type thing ?

One for the collection if it is
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23139
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Archie Gray

Post by SG90 »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:51 pm If he does it's unlikely to be us, he could have included that in his contract. And I'd hate it if it happened, can you imagine Gray at say Burnley or Sheff U? Derby ffs!!

I imagine it's a bit like when kids go to Uni, they often want to go to one as far away from home as possible. To spread their wings.
I imagine it'd be a London or Southern club, so QPR, Millwank, Luton or Watford.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by White Riot »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:53 pm typo? Or is it a Damp Squid type thing ?

One for the collection if it is
Typo I guess, or my Englis is deteriorating :)
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: ↑Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:05 pm Typo I guess, or my Englis is deteriorating :)
I thought perhaps times were hard and you’d decided to rent out your Y-fronts. I know Weasel was interested but you wouldn’t want them back after he’d finished with them.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:21 pm I thought perhaps times were hard and you’d decided to rent out your Y-fronts. I know Weasel was interested but you wouldn’t want them back after he’d finished with them.
naughtyusedunderwear.com
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79067
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by The Subhuman »

lol

My current favourite of those is carpet demon for carpe diem
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Leeds1000
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4157
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by Leeds1000 »

Late to the party as usual. I say good riddance. Like at the fairground...Roll up Roll up Everyone's a winner. He's loaded, the club is now loaded again and young Archie will have to spend a bit of time on the bench watching and learning from that Australian great coach who smashed the Scottish league, like every other Celtic coach before him and after him.

And to Top it off we have the better player in Rodon coming to the mighty Leeds and dropping a division because he really wants to be here. When was the last time we could say that about a player....?

All fair in love and war.
User avatar
FeelsLikeThunder
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:43 pm

Re: Archie Gray- Joins Spuds

Post by FeelsLikeThunder »

Shame to see him go. Hope he enjoys the bench at Spuds.
"Side before self, every time."
Formerly known as lufcconnor
Post Reply