Who is the best manager in the championship?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply

Who Is The Best Manager In The Championship

Chris Wilder
3
6%
Daniel Farke
26
55%
Carlos Coberan
3
6%
Scott Parker
2
4%
Michael Carrick
8
17%
Rob Edwards
0
No votes
Neil Harris
0
No votes
Paul Heckingbottom
0
No votes
Regis Le Bris
2
4%
John Eustace
0
No votes
Danny Rohl
0
No votes
Tom Cleverley
0
No votes
OTHER
3
6%
 
Total votes: 47

Jammy 07
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3827
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Jammy 07 »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 9:27 pm It's more walk around the property a few times, popping back to the car and then knocking on the door once or twice, than continuous door knocking
:lol:

Yeh but he's bloody annoying and keeps coming back every time you leave a light on.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41739
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Cjay »

Jammy 07 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 9:20 pm Farke's biggest strength is probably what we all criticise him for, namely he's dogmatic in the extreme and believes if you knock on the door often enough it will open to reveal beautiful clear blue skies. We on the other hand wish to sledgehammer the door down, leap through it with gay abandon and hang the consequences.
Don't think it helps that it's all a bit dull.

That with a bit more bravery we could be so much better feeling

Personally though I can't get past the belief that it's very reliant on individual skill.

The nagging feeling the only difference between Jaap Stam at Reading and Farke is Buendia, Rutter and co.

I don't think that is something you can say about people like Carrick and Wilder and Rohl and Corberan etc.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9747
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 8:50 pm Ahhh the old match going fans know best thing I see.

Would imagine plenty have gone but don't now for one reason or another, they are irrelevant though.

Given atleast 2 of the votes specifically voted Farke because he is our manager and said as much I'd think the best Championship manager vote has gone out the window.

But I'm sorry for trying to stick on topic rather than changing it to another we love Daniel thread
I didn’t say they know better I said that’s what they genuinely believe. You believe there are at least 5 managers better than DF in the league & I’m not going to argue with you, I think you’re completely wrong but you’re still entitled to your opinion.
I definitely didn’t say people who don’t go to games are irrelevant, I don’t get to as many as I’d like to and there are plenty of reasons why people can’t attend matches but 64’ and other fans on here gave their answer to the question and shouldn’t be asked 10 times to justify their opinion.
I believe we’ll go up this season, I may be wrong and I’ll stick my hand up if we don’t but maybe you’d enjoy it a bit too much if we don’t and you can say I told you so.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155348
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 7:49 pm That's a childish answer. . . . .

So will ask again.

By what criteria is Daniel Farke the best manager in the Championship?

He has 11 votes so why?

Must be reasons beyond he manages us. . . . . .
Win ratio.

Builds his success on a sound defence, Farke's teams generally concede less than the rest.

His teams generally outscore the majority of coaches he's up against.

Firm belief in his methods to compete at the top.

Honesty & understanding of his squad.

Very loyal to his players.

Patient with new signings, he's not prepared to chuck them in the deep end until he feels they are ready.

Contrary to your opinion, he does improve the players he works with on a daily basis.

His players believe in his methods & carry out his implemented style to a tee.

Farke's calmness is there for all to see, he rarely looks flustered.

Daniel's championship record is not to be sniffed at.
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Sean_Nile »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 9:50 pm Win ratio.

Builds his success on a sound defence, Farke's teams generally concede less than the rest.

His teams generally outscore the majority of coaches he's up against.

Firm belief in his methods to compete at the top.

Honesty & understanding of his squad.

Very loyal to his players.

Patient with new signings, he's not prepared to chuck them in the deep end until he feels they are ready.

Contrary to your opinion, he does improve the players he works with on a daily basis.

His players believe in his methods & carry out his implemented style to a tee.

Farke's calmness is there for all to see, he rarely looks flustered.

Daniel's championship record is not to be sniffed at.
And you forgot to mention he is making greasy hair great again.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41739
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Cjay »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 9:45 pm I didn’t say they know better I said that’s what they genuinely believe. You believe there are at least 5 managers better than DF in the league & I’m not going to argue with you, I think you’re completely wrong but you’re still entitled to your opinion.
I definitely didn’t say people who don’t go to games are irrelevant, I don’t get to as many as I’d like to and there are plenty of reasons why people can’t attend matches but 64’ and other fans on here gave their answer to the question and shouldn’t be asked 10 times to justify their opinion.
I believe we’ll go up this season, I may be wrong and I’ll stick my hand up if we don’t but maybe you’d enjoy it a bit too much if we don’t and you can say I told you so.
Asking for reasons why beyond "he's our manager" to a poll about the best manager in the league which by definition shouldn't be influenced by who the manager managers was all I was doing.

He's answered so I'm happy as you say it's his opinion

But you are right, I'd love it if we don't go up.

Be absolutely thrilled.

I'd run around the streets naked with joy.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41739
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 9:50 pm Win ratio.

Builds his success on a sound defence, Farke's teams generally concede less than the rest.

His teams generally outscore the majority of coaches he's up against.

Firm belief in his methods to compete at the top.

Honesty & understanding of his squad.

Very loyal to his players.

Patient with new signings, he's not prepared to chuck them in the deep end until he feels they are ready.

Contrary to your opinion, he does improve the players he works with on a daily basis.

His players believe in his methods & carry out his implemented style to a tee.

Farke's calmness is there for all to see, he rarely looks flustered.

Daniel's championship record is not to be sniffed at.
Thank you for answering my question.

I won't argue because that wasn't my intention.

Just wanted someone, anyone to give their reasons beyond "he's our manager" which shouldnt have been a reason in the first place.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Sean_Nile »

Cjay wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 10:05 pm

But you are right, I'd love it if we don't go up.

Be absolutely thrilled.

I'd run around the streets naked with joy.
Promise?
Selfie or it didn't happen.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 10:05 pm Asking for reasons why beyond "he's our manager" to a poll about the best manager in the league which by definition shouldn't be influenced by who the manager managers was all I was doing.

He's answered so I'm happy as you say it's his opinion

But you are right, I'd love it if we don't go up.

Be absolutely thrilled.

I'd run around the streets naked with joy.
Will Joy be naked as well?
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79094
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 10:35 pm Will Joy be naked as well?
As a joy bird
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9747
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 10:05 pm Asking for reasons why beyond "he's our manager" to a poll about the best manager in the league which by definition shouldn't be influenced by who the manager managers was all I was doing.

He's answered so I'm happy as you say it's his opinion

But you are right, I'd love it if we don't go up.

Be absolutely thrilled.

I'd run around the streets naked with joy.
Ooooohhh you tease.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155348
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 9:45 pm but 64’ and other fans on here gave their answer to the question and shouldn’t be asked 10 times to justify their opinion.
I'm safe now :lol:
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11784
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cjay wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 10:05 pm Asking for reasons why beyond "he's our manager" to a poll about the best manager in the league which by definition shouldn't be influenced by who the manager managers was all I was doing.

He's answered so I'm happy as you say it's his opinion

But you are right, I'd love it if we don't go up.

Be absolutely thrilled.

I'd run around the streets naked with joy.
Knew it, absolutely knew you weren’t Leeds.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9747
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Nov 19, 2024 8:01 am I'm safe now :lol:
I remembered your safe word from before 😁
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41739
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Cjay »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 19, 2024 5:58 am Ooooohhh you tease.
baby-elephant-trunk.gif
baby-elephant-trunk.gif (268.93 KiB) Viewed 1879 times
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41739
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Cjay »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Tue Nov 19, 2024 8:28 am Knew it, absolutely knew you weren’t Leeds.
200w-18.gif
200w-18.gif (352.22 KiB) Viewed 1878 times
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41739
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Cjay »

Sean_Nile wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 10:31 pm Promise?
Selfie or it didn't happen.
Hard to take a selfie

Need both hands to stop myself from being knocked out
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41739
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 10:35 pm Will Joy be naked as well?
ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif
ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif (448.58 KiB) Viewed 1876 times
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Johnthewhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by Johnthewhite »

Looks like Danny boy has won then, you can't please everybody all the time 😂😂
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19703
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Who is the best manager in the championship?

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: ↑Mon Nov 18, 2024 10:05 pm Asking for reasons why beyond "he's our manager" to a poll about the best manager in the league which by definition shouldn't be influenced by who the manager managers was all I was doing.
For me the question would be: Would I prefer any of the others to be our manager? The answer would be a resounding no.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
Post Reply