Name the Veteran!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by 1964white »

whiteinfrance wrote: ↑Fri May 29, 2026 4:12 pm It's Martin Dickinson

Played for Leeds in 1980's
I saw him play, but I couldn't recall what he looked like.

You are good at this Scarborough lad. :clap:
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79056
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by The Subhuman »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Fri May 29, 2026 3:04 pm Number 5:


5.jpg
Might have gotten that, number 6, West Brom shirt, 80's ... fairly simple google search
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by wilsdenwhite »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Fri May 29, 2026 7:54 pm Might have gotten that, number 6, West Brom shirt, 80's ... fairly simple google search
Yes. Not many pictures of him to go with really without the Leeds shirt on. Probably the player with the least career appearances I will feature.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Restored mural in Guiseley and look who has been added :)


Image
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9738
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by CUSSIE01 »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 8:46 am Restored mural in Guiseley and look who has been added :)


Image
Daniel Farke, 3 easy points for me 😁
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Number 6:

6.jpg
6.jpg (26.59 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by 1964white »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 4:25 pm Number 6:


6.jpg
Is he a bit of a tool?
User avatar
whiteinfrance
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 am
Location: Now Scarborough UK

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by whiteinfrance »

Nobody seems interested

It's Jimmy Case
YES!! I'm living in SCARBADOS!! Underneath the palm trees!
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14647
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by hector »

whiteinfrance wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 5:16 pm Nobody seems interested

It's Jimmy Case
you are just putting the photo in google search aren't you?
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Correct whiteinfrance. 3 points. Former Southampton, Brighton and Liverpool midfielder Jimmy Case. Now 72.

Jimmy Case.jpg
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by wilsdenwhite »

hector wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 5:17 pm you are just putting the photo in google search aren't you?
:duno: Could be just good at this.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by 1964white »

whiteinfrance wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 5:16 pm Nobody seems interested

It's Jimmy Case
How the f**k did you get that.

Of course, you won't inform us.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79056
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by The Subhuman »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 4:25 pm Number 6:


6.jpg
I was out yesterday aand missed this but I reckon zero chance from the photo
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79056
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by The Subhuman »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2026 2:20 pm I was out yesterday aand missed this but I reckon zero chance from the photo
No wait, I would have

The obvious google search was ex footballer who builds bird boxes

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13989 ... t-football

First hit

AI Overview

Former Liverpool midfielder and three-time European Cup winner Jimmy Case spent his retirement building bespoke wooden boxes for barn owls. He volunteered his time for the Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust's Owl Box Initiative, crafting roosting places for the endangered birds at his home in Hampshire.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79056
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by The Subhuman »

He probably lives next door to Hector
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79056
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 5:36 pm How the f**k did you get that.

Of course, you won't inform us.
He either does it like me or does a google image search
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by 1964white »

I enjoyed this picture quiz, even though I hadn't a clue.

I recall us doing a Who Am I quiz, which was fun.

Can anyone come up with another fun quiz?
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by wilsdenwhite »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Jun 08, 2026 7:40 am I enjoyed this picture quiz, even though I hadn't a clue.

I recall us doing a Who Am I quiz, which was fun.

Can anyone come up with another fun quiz?
Who was I ?

Who was I.jpg
Who was I.jpg (17.33 KiB) Viewed 886 times
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18315
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Jun 08, 2026 7:40 am I enjoyed this picture quiz, even though I hadn't a clue.

I recall us doing a Who Am I quiz, which was fun.

Can anyone come up with another fun quiz?
Perhaps……..shortly to be unveiled 👍
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Name the Veteran!

Post by 1964white »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Mon Jun 08, 2026 11:01 am Who was I ?


Who was I.jpg
Someone no longer with us?
Post Reply