Your Pint of choice this evening

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6703
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Finnatic »

Evan R wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2026 1:42 am Out to dinner at our favorite local restaurant tonight. Had to post this one for the neat glass alone. Excellent Belgian.
Brouwerij Bosteels Pauwel Kwak. (Strong/Pale). 8.4%
Image
After a few of those I bet you can’t get the glass back in it’s holder 😉
User avatar
Evan R
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2025 2:38 am
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Evan R »

Finnatic wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2026 7:58 am After a few of those I bet you can’t get the glass back in it’s holder 😉
So it's kinda odd but you don't actually take the glass out of the holder, you just pick the whole thing up from the little pole/handle.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18289
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Evan R wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2026 1:42 am Out to dinner at our favorite local restaurant tonight. Had to post this one for the neat glass alone. Excellent Belgian.
Brouwerij Bosteels Pauwel Kwak. (Strong/Pale). 8.4%
Image
Snap, Evan……….but to be honest, after the initial couple of times of novelty usage I found it a PITA to use, so it’s been sat unused since. But given it was only a 50p charity shop purchase no harm done 🙂🍻
IMG_0948.jpeg
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18289
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Muppet the Cat »

A Fuller’s ‘Honey Dew’ this evening 🍺👍
IMG_0949.jpeg
User avatar
Evan R
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2025 2:38 am
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Evan R »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2026 8:56 pm Snap, Evan……….but to be honest, after the initial couple of times of novelty usage I found it a PITA to use, so it’s been sat unused since. But given it was only a 50p charity shop purchase no harm done 🙂🍻

IMG_0948.jpeg
Yeah I could see that being the case. Fun novelty but not something I’d want to use often. It does make for a nice pour though.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18289
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Rob and Ryan had a 4 for 3 offer in the local Co-op this evening 🍻
IMG_4755.jpeg
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18289
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Muppet the Cat »

A classic

…..and atm, only £1.30 in Morrisons 👍
IMG_1093.jpeg
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6703
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Finnatic »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Sat Jun 27, 2026 6:48 pm A classic

…..and atm, only £1.30 in Morrisons 👍

IMG_1093.jpeg
Always a good one to go for at concerts as nobody touches it and it’s generally cheaper, at least that’s the case from South Yorkshire upwards.

A tight Yorkshireman speaking of course 😈
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9717
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Evan R wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2026 1:42 am Out to dinner at our favorite local restaurant tonight. Had to post this one for the neat glass alone. Excellent Belgian.
Brouwerij Bosteels Pauwel Kwak. (Strong/Pale). 8.4%
Image
Was out in Belfast last week & spotted a lovely red ale on draught, had 2 pints & could feel my head going, went & checked & it was 8.8%. Back onto the Guinness after that.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Evan R
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2025 2:38 am
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Evan R »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 28, 2026 11:16 am Was out in Belfast last week & spotted a lovely red ale on draught, had 2 pints & could feel my head going, went & checked & it was 8.8%. Back onto the Guinness after that.
Yeah, that’s a dangerous % :? But I find that the most delicious ales are oftentimes in that range. Probably best suited for at home/ on the couch :)
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9717
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Got a few mixed lagers for Fathers Day, would be rude not to try a few.
IMG_4455.jpeg
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9717
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by CUSSIE01 »

IMG_4457.jpeg
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18289
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Muppet the Cat »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 04, 2026 4:57 pm Got a few mixed lagers for Fathers Day, would be rude not to try a few.

IMG_4455.jpeg
What jumped out at me with this one, Cussie was that it is brewed in Kaufbeuren.

I went there on a school exchange visit when in the 4th year of Comp, so 1978 (I reckon).....in Bavaria, to the west of Munich. I remember we had a visit to the 1972 Olympic site.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9717
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Sat Jul 04, 2026 6:47 pm What jumped out at me with this one, Cussie was that it is brewed in Kaufbeuren.

I went there on a school exchange visit when in the 4th year of Comp, so 1978 (I reckon).....in Bavaria, to the west of Munich. I remember we had a visit to the 1972 Olympic site.
Helluva memory Cat, I can’t remember where I went last week. Not a lover of pilsners but it’s tasty enough.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18289
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Muppet the Cat »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 04, 2026 7:02 pm Helluva memory Cat, I can’t remember where I went last week. Not a lover of pilsners but it’s tasty enough.
I don't know, Cussie...the number of times I'll go upstairs to get something and forgotten why I went up :? ........is that a sign? :roll:
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9717
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2026 7:45 pm I don't know, Cussie...the number of times I'll go upstairs to get something and forgotten why I went up :? ........is that a sign? :roll:
I can’t remember 🙄
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18289
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Muppet the Cat »

A Bass pale ale this evening.

Interesting fact, the Bass ‘red triangle’ was Britain’s first ever trademark.
IMG_1302.jpeg
User avatar
Evan R
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2025 2:38 am
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Evan R »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Sun Aug 02, 2026 7:22 pm A Bass pale ale this evening.

Interesting fact, the Bass ‘red triangle’ was Britain’s first ever trademark.

IMG_1302.jpeg
Ohhh how I miss this one. They stopped importing it to the US years ago :cry:
User avatar
Evan R
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2025 2:38 am
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Evan R »

Image

One of the first American "craft" beers I ever tried. So glad they went back to the original recipe. I can remeber travelling 2 hours to the next state over to get this stuff when it first came around :roflmao: :beers:
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21199
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by Jaydog »

Evan R wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 4:19 am Image

One of the first American "craft" beers I ever tried. So glad they went back to the original recipe. I can remeber travelling 2 hours to the next state over to get this stuff when it first came around :roflmao: :beers:
Dedication 👏
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Post Reply