Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4519
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 9:45 am Was being cheeky :)

It is a fear, based on the players we are chasing and DF's own preference.

But as you say it makes no sense to change.

I'm hoping for maybe a 3-4-2-1.

It would suit the players, we keep the back 3, DF gets the double pivot he likes and everyone is happy.
Who do you see as starters in your 3-4-2-1? Based on the current squad, something like this??

------------------------------Darlow------------------------------

--------Rodon--------------Bijol-------------Wober--------

Bogle----------Stach----------Ampadu--------------Justin

---------------Wilson-------------------Aaronson-------------

--------------------------------DCL---------------------------------

NOTES: I chose Justin over Gudmundson, but it could go the other way. Wober, if he stays, would be a natural on the left side of a back three. And I've chosen Aaronson to play next to Wilson because I envision the role to be narrow. And he has a great work rate. And though I'd like him to move on, I'm not convinced Farke agrees with me. But you could slot Okafor in there. Or Tanaka for that matter.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155367
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by 1964white »

Manure have obviously offered Darlow a superior deal.

Sad to see him go, he got us out of a hole over the last two seasons.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11785
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Barlow Boy »

Can’t say I’m particularly bothered about Darlow either way.

Would rather not see him lining up for them, but I can understand it from his point of view towards the end of his career getting more money in the bank.

Now, let’s go lift Mr Trafford 🙏🙏🙏
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Johnsie123
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Johnsie123 »

weasel wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 9:57 am I would imagine that Darlow is holding out to see whether he'd likely be first choice or back-up. IF we sign a new keeper than you'd expect it to be as a starter so likely Darlow would look elsewhere to see if he could be a starter, or if he is happy being a bench player to see what other, potentially better, offers he could get. For me I have no problem with him delaying his decision until he knows what the club is planning to do.
Well I guess he has made his choice Darlow off to scum so they are saying,guess we are looking for a number 1 keeper.
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6763
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Carrick Dave »

Nyland the Norwegian WC keeper is a free agent. Just saying.
User avatar
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by pjm2019 »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 5:31 pm Can’t say I’m particularly bothered about Darlow either way.

Would rather not see him lining up for them, but I can understand it from his point of view towards the end of his career getting more money in the bank.

Now, let’s go lift Mr Trafford 🙏🙏🙏
so Darlow earning £1.3 million a year is not enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 5:16 pm But he won't play. This is just for homegrown numbers. Guess they must've given him a huge payday if he would rather that than play as a number one.
He was probably told he'd be our number two if he signed for a couple more seasons.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155367
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 5:31 pm Can’t say I’m particularly bothered about Darlow either way.

Would rather not see him lining up for them, but I can understand it from his point of view towards the end of his career getting more money in the bank.

Now, let’s go lift Mr Trafford 🙏🙏🙏
Sad to see him go personally!

Got us out of a hole twice, first with Meslier, and Perri last season. Karl provided us with the calmness that was required over the last two seasons.

I assume a new keeper signing is imminent.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155367
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by 1964white »

Shouldn't we be getting rid of all the players who hardly featured in the first-team, as opposed to dismantling our sound defensive unit, Struijk 37 & Darlow 24 appearances last season, both contributing so much to achieve 14th position in the Premier League,
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 6:38 pm I assume a new keeper signing is imminent.
Hopefully not Suzuki...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11785
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 6:38 pm Sad to see him go personally!

Got us out of a hole twice, first with Meslier, and Perri last season. Karl provided us with the calmness that was required over the last two seasons.

I assume a new keeper signing is imminent.
I’m not saying he hasn’t done well, but he’s 35/36 now and we have to move forward.

Struijk wanted to go from what I’ve read, so we didn’t have much choice but to get as much in the bank as we could for him.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41746
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Cjay »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 5:17 pm Who do you see as starters in your 3-4-2-1? Based on the current squad, something like this??

------------------------------Darlow------------------------------

--------Rodon--------------Bijol-------------Wober--------

Bogle----------Stach----------Ampadu--------------Justin

---------------Wilson-------------------Aaronson-------------

--------------------------------DCL---------------------------------

NOTES: I chose Justin over Gudmundson, but it could go the other way. Wober, if he stays, would be a natural on the left side of a back three. And I've chosen Aaronson to play next to Wilson because I envision the role to be narrow. And he has a great work rate. And though I'd like him to move on, I'm not convinced Farke agrees with me. But you could slot Okafor in there. Or Tanaka for that matter.
Yeah something along those lines :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 5:17 pm Who do you see as starters in your 3-4-2-1? Based on the current squad, something like this??

------------------------------Darlow------------------------------

--------Rodon--------------Bijol-------------Wober--------

Bogle----------Stach----------Ampadu--------------Justin

---------------Wilson-------------------Aaronson-------------

--------------------------------DCL---------------------------------

NOTES: I chose Justin over Gudmundson, but it could go the other way. Wober, if he stays, would be a natural on the left side of a back three. And I've chosen Aaronson to play next to Wilson because I envision the role to be narrow. And he has a great work rate. And though I'd like him to move on, I'm not convinced Farke agrees with me. But you could slot Okafor in there. Or Tanaka for that matter.
Daylight Woberwy

Guds starts as he's left footed and there's almost zero sense playing an inverted winger with an inverted full back
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Johnthewhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Johnthewhite »

Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 5:33 pm Nyland the Norwegian WC keeper is a free agent. Just saying.
Good shout 👏
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20762
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 6:45 pm Shouldn't we be getting rid of all the players who hardly featured in the first-team, as opposed to dismantling our sound defensive unit, Struijk 37 & Darlow 24 appearances last season, both contributing so much to achieve 14th position in the Premier League,
Problem is that no-one wants the players you're talking about Leon. We are stuck with them unfortunately.
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Ermmm... I think we need a keeper :mshr:

Probably not for £25m though. I actually think Perri will be given another chance this season (from the off)...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

We'll get a keeper, maybe two if we can sell Perri at a profit, which looks unlikely.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155367
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 8:01 pm Problem is that no-one wants the players you're talking about Leon. We are stuck with them unfortunately.
Probably not, Swannie.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155367
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2026 7:01 pm I’m not saying he hasn’t done well, but he’s 35/36 now and we have to move forward.

Struijk wanted to go from what I’ve read, so we didn’t have much choice but to get as much in the bank as we could for him.
Hopefully, we can get better replacements

I'm just a sentimental old sod.
Post Reply