The club told Beren thisBlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Mon Aug 31, 2026 8:10 pm I'm 100% with you not wanting Mudryk. But I don't know where you come up with the negative speculation that it was him or nothing. I think we were looking at opportunities to sign offensive players with no transfer fee. Which limited the market. But both Brandt and Mudryk fit the profile. And of course we were able to sign Harry Wilson on a free.
I know a lot of supporters want everything now. But the strategy was clearly to get an elite Goalkeeper, and to strengthen the Defense. Which we were able to do. So I'm pretty happy with the transfer window even if we don't make another signing. Although I think we will probably get at least one more. But the squad is absolutely better than what we brought to the Premier League last season.
We haven't done that.
Simon Jones who we know the owners speak with said similar.
We've gone from majority of investment in attack and difference makers to 1 player and less strikers.
Makes no sense.


