Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78960
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
Saturday 3pm at the Falmer Stadium
It's Wednesday better get this thread started or there will be no point
Can't be arsed to do the normal AI guff
So have at it..
It's Wednesday better get this thread started or there will be no point
Can't be arsed to do the normal AI guff
So have at it..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78960
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
Jammy 07
- Manager

- Posts: 3810
- Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:09 am
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
Always a very tough fixture and that’s for everyone not just us.
Gimme a point now please.
Gimme a point now please.
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8777
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
It's a big squad now. Bard not even on the bench
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19670
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78960
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
It's still a light squad, 23 of 25 .. Bard is the only one not making the match day squad atm, but if he does James probably steps down. I still think Justin is cover for both full backs first and foremost. He'll play if Gudds doesn't start.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19670
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
If GG is fit then I would expect him to start. If not then I reckon James Justin will start as think we will wait for the Chelsea cup match to give Bard his debut - giving him time to bed in and learn how we want him to play.
The only other area where I think Farke might go different to me would be over which 2 of Aaronsen, Okafor and Wilson start. I'm leaning towards Wilson and Aaronsen with it being an away game, more about consolidating and then having the option of Okafor coming on later. However I wouldn't be surprised if Farke picks Okafor.
I expect us to go with the back 5, especially with it being away. The back 5, in theory, gives us more chance of keeping a clean sheet and I think a point would be a great return. Keep it tight but with the hope of then nicking all 3 points with the potential pace injection of DJ, Okafor or Bahayo late on.
The only other area where I think Farke might go different to me would be over which 2 of Aaronsen, Okafor and Wilson start. I'm leaning towards Wilson and Aaronsen with it being an away game, more about consolidating and then having the option of Okafor coming on later. However I wouldn't be surprised if Farke picks Okafor.
I expect us to go with the back 5, especially with it being away. The back 5, in theory, gives us more chance of keeping a clean sheet and I think a point would be a great return. Keep it tight but with the hope of then nicking all 3 points with the potential pace injection of DJ, Okafor or Bahayo late on.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
-
Johnsie123
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 656
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
I would say give us a draw and I would be well happy,most teams struggle there but the defence is solid now good defence,and keeper .
So confident we can get something there even though we should have got another Striker in imo .
So confident we can get something there even though we should have got another Striker in imo .
- Musicman1965
- First Team

- Posts: 2133
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
Tough place to go to, hopefully we can something from the game.
- Carrick Dave
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 6738
- Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
I predicted a loss, but I’m quietly confident that our defence will be able to cope.
Start with 5 at the back and change to a 4 pronto if the midfield is getting overrun a la Brentford.
Interesting to see if any of the new signings - and I include Elvedi here - are given a run at any point.
Start with 5 at the back and change to a 4 pronto if the midfield is getting overrun a la Brentford.
Interesting to see if any of the new signings - and I include Elvedi here - are given a run at any point.
- malcolmw
- Manager

- Posts: 3707
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
- Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
Lot will depend on the formation Farke decides on.Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Wed Sep 02, 2026 6:35 pm I predicted a loss, but I’m quietly confident that our defence will be able to cope.
Start with 5 at the back and change to a 4 pronto if the midfield is getting overrun a la Brentford.
Interesting to see if any of the new signings - and I include Elvedi here - are given a run at any point.
Will he statt with 3 at the back and 5 in midfield?
Elvedi could start ahead of Bijol or even Bogle
I do hope Wilson starts.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78960
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
Elvedi is too slow to play wing back imo....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- BlackHillsPaul
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4510
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
- Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
Personally, I would go with a 3-5-2.
---------------------------------Trafford-----------------------------------------
-------------Elvedi------------Bijol--------------Muharemavic------------
Bogle---------Ampadu--------Aaronson---------Stach----------Justin
-----------------------------DCL----------Okafor-------------------------------
---------------------------------Trafford-----------------------------------------
-------------Elvedi------------Bijol--------------Muharemavic------------
Bogle---------Ampadu--------Aaronson---------Stach----------Justin
-----------------------------DCL----------Okafor-------------------------------
Football/Futbol/Soccer
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41661
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
Be interesting to see how we cope with Brighton.
We've looked very open quite a bit and Brighton don't mess about with possession.
Have a lot of it but get it forward a lot
I'd hope to see Tanaka back in and I think the overlapping cb thing needs dropping without Rodon who had the pace.
I think it would be a real problem if we kept trying it without him.
Last edited by Cjay on Wed Sep 02, 2026 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- pjm2019
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2705
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
no chance this is the team
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78960
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
It's going to take a while to understand what our best starting line up is now, bearing in mind, the Rodon injury and how Bahoya fits... I think Elvedi might be able to play full back to the same quality Struijk did which was ok in a pinch but created issues.Cjay wrote: ↑Wed Sep 02, 2026 9:22 pm Be interesting to see how we cope with Brighton.
We've looked very open quite a bit and Brighton don't mess about with possession.
Have a lot of it but get it forward a lot
I'd hope to see Tanaka back in and I think the overlapping cb thing needs dropping without Rodon who had the pace.
I think it would be a real problem if we kept trying it without him.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7055
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
Farke will have a cunning plan, he may use Justin as RCB he has the skill set and engine to get forward on the under lap. Which means Gud starts which is probable, depends on his fitness. He might go half and half with Bard.Cjay wrote: ↑Wed Sep 02, 2026 9:22 pm Be interesting to see how we cope with Brighton.
We've looked very open quite a bit and Brighton don't mess about with possession.
Have a lot of it but get it forward a lot
I'd hope to see Tanaka back in and I think the overlapping cb thing needs dropping without Rodon who had the pace.
I think it would be a real problem if we kept trying it without him.
Or he may have used Elvis (not a typo easier to spell) in a similar role at the German club previously.
- malcolmw
- Manager

- Posts: 3707
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
- Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
I like 352, but Wilson in place of Aaronson and - wont happen - but Nmecha with DCL.BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Wed Sep 02, 2026 9:21 pm Personally, I would go with a 3-5-2.
---------------------------------Trafford-----------------------------------------
-------------Elvedi------------Bijol--------------Muharemavic------------
Bogle---------Ampadu--------Aaronson---------Stach----------Justin
-----------------------------DCL----------Okafor-------------------------------
I think were going to start seeing 2 in behind the striker again. Wilson and the new kid are perfect there.
- malcolmw
- Manager

- Posts: 3707
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
- Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
Think I'll go as follows on starting 11:
Trafford
Elvedi, Bijol, Tarik
Bogle, Ampadu, Stack, Gabi
Wilson, Okafor
DCL
Then see Tanaka, Aaronson, Justin and JMB (maybe) from the bench.
Trafford
Elvedi, Bijol, Tarik
Bogle, Ampadu, Stack, Gabi
Wilson, Okafor
DCL
Then see Tanaka, Aaronson, Justin and JMB (maybe) from the bench.
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19670
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Brighton and Hove v Leeds United Pre match chat
Nico Elvedi has recorded a higher top speed than Gabriel Guðmundsson in real-world matches.
Interestingly, football video games favor Guðmundsson for raw pace over short distances due to his role as a wing-back, contrasting with Elvedi's profile as a traditional center-back.
Maybe focus on real life instead of relying on what video games say.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain






















