This is a fact that a relative of mine from Pudsey told me MANY years ago,and the reason I don't wear my LU shirt here in Australia......It really disappoints me when I read about all soccer slobs in England,I sometimes wonder if I would still go to soccer matches if I was living in England....before I emigrated here I followed Leeds for 30 years and I estimate I didn't miss more than 20 games at Elland Road, and visiting supporters weren't afraid to come to ER in those days,unlike what I am told by relatives who live in and near Leeds....VERY SAD.
Something to be ashamed of.
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Wiljoy
- Ballboy

- Posts: 28
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:59 am
- Location: Adelaide
Something to be ashamed of.
Leeds United fans are officially the worst supporters for attracting Football Banning Orders, according to the latest statistics.
This is a fact that a relative of mine from Pudsey told me MANY years ago,and the reason I don't wear my LU shirt here in Australia......It really disappoints me when I read about all soccer slobs in England,I sometimes wonder if I would still go to soccer matches if I was living in England....before I emigrated here I followed Leeds for 30 years and I estimate I didn't miss more than 20 games at Elland Road, and visiting supporters weren't afraid to come to ER in those days,unlike what I am told by relatives who live in and near Leeds....VERY SAD.
This is a fact that a relative of mine from Pudsey told me MANY years ago,and the reason I don't wear my LU shirt here in Australia......It really disappoints me when I read about all soccer slobs in England,I sometimes wonder if I would still go to soccer matches if I was living in England....before I emigrated here I followed Leeds for 30 years and I estimate I didn't miss more than 20 games at Elland Road, and visiting supporters weren't afraid to come to ER in those days,unlike what I am told by relatives who live in and near Leeds....VERY SAD.
The greater the challenge,the more glorious the triumph
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
Media CRAP Wiljoy.....
Call yissen a Leeds fan? I wear a Leeds Cap, t.shirt, jacket (or right now in winter), a Leeds woolly hat - EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Visiting supporters have ALWAYS been scared to come to Elland Road and long may it continue....so I don't for the life of me understand your post? We have NEVER made opposition fans welcome.
I AM PROUD TO BE A LEEDS FAN and wear my colours to support my club....you obviously are not?
Call yissen a Leeds fan? I wear a Leeds Cap, t.shirt, jacket (or right now in winter), a Leeds woolly hat - EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Visiting supporters have ALWAYS been scared to come to Elland Road and long may it continue....so I don't for the life of me understand your post? We have NEVER made opposition fans welcome.
I AM PROUD TO BE A LEEDS FAN and wear my colours to support my club....you obviously are not?
- Wiljoy
- Ballboy

- Posts: 28
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:59 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
I definately AM NOT proud to be a supporter of a club with a violence record like Leeds have,and you.Twiggy,disgusts me saying you are glad that visiting supporters are scared to come to ER,its only SPORT twiggy it's supposed to be an enjoyable thing why should anyone be subjected to violence for just watching a game???....I can't recollect more than half a dozen outbursts of violence at ER in all the years I followed Leeds,now you,Twiggy have lost what respect I had for you on this forum,and consider you a yobo like the ones mentioned in the Newspaper cutting I sent.Twiggster wrote:Media CRAP Wiljoy.....
Call yissen a Leeds fan? I wear a Leeds Cap, t.shirt, jacket (or right now in winter), a Leeds woolly hat - EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Visiting supporters have ALWAYS been scared to come to Elland Road and long may it continue....so I don't for the life of me understand your post? We have NEVER made opposition fans welcome.
I AM PROUD TO BE A LEEDS FAN and wear my colours to support my club....you obviously are not?
The greater the challenge,the more glorious the triumph
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
- Toby
- First Team

- Posts: 1735
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm
- Location: 3 Mins from ER
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
Shut up wiljoy.. All this "Leeds Violence" is well over exaggerated ive been to nearly every single home game this season and have seen NO violence. And the only reason some Leeds fans fight is because they are provoked by others. I'm also glad people fear coming to Elland road. You aint a true supporter Wiljoy you wouldn't understand.
Last edited by Toby on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Telepres
- First Team

- Posts: 2151
- Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
WUM of the Century. I love this guy.
Wiljoy, sign up on WACCOE. It's a forum where they don't tolerate violence or anger of any sort. Post your views on there and you'll get a good balanced response.
http://www.waccoe.com/
Wiljoy, sign up on WACCOE. It's a forum where they don't tolerate violence or anger of any sort. Post your views on there and you'll get a good balanced response.
http://www.waccoe.com/
- Toby
- First Team

- Posts: 1735
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm
- Location: 3 Mins from ER
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
LOLWUM of the Century. I love this guy.
Wiljoy, sign up on WACCOE. It's a forum where they don't tolerate violence or anger of any sort. Post your views on there and you'll get a good balanced response.
http://www.waccoe.com/
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
Wiljoy, I see you posted mostly in the Jokes forum here. Are you sure you meant to post here?
I look forward to your next posts in 2015.
I look forward to your next posts in 2015.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
- Wiljoy
- Ballboy

- Posts: 28
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:59 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
The way Leeds supporters are performing currently I think they are the biggest joke in the country at the moment.it appears that violence has to be part of the Saturday entertainment,thank God I am no longer a part of the "Supporters".Crude United wrote:Wiljoy, I see you posted mostly in the Jokes forum here. Are you sure you meant to post here?![]()
.
We get very little violence amongst supporters in Australian Rules Football. unlike what we read & hear about soccer supporters in general in the UK.
The greater the challenge,the more glorious the triumph
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
- Wiljoy
- Ballboy

- Posts: 28
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:59 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
That is not what we have readabout the trouble after the Preston &Cardiff games.SOMEBODY IS A LIARToby wrote:Shut up wiljoy.. All this "Leeds Violence" is well over exaggerated ive been to nearly every single home game this season and have seen NO violence. And the only reason some Leeds fans fight is because they are provoked by others. I'm also glad people fear coming to Elland road. You aint a true supporter Wiljoy you wouldn't understand.
How come Leeds have got the 'OFFICIAL" dirtiest supporters in ENGLAND""
Leeds United fans are officially the worst supporters for attracting Football Banning Orders, according to the latest statistics.
This is from an English newspaper,is everyone biased against Leeds,if so ...WHY WHY WHY.....DON'T FORGET I lived in Leeds for 37 years so you can't pull the wool over MY eyes like you can with the "southerners"
Last edited by Wiljoy on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
The greater the challenge,the more glorious the triumph
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
- Silky
- Manager

- Posts: 2839
- Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 am
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
You really are a w**ker... Twiggs, PLEASE remove this guy's baggy green
He's not even Australian!! (Sounds like someone else i know)
Wiljoy, having heard all that crap about Dirty Leeds from afar, i went and spent 12 months following Leeds and i can tell you now that there is nothing 'violent' about Elland Road... Away fans walked around the car parks with no problems... i brought my girl along on more than one occasion and she had a great time. No violence. No sexism. Just a great family atmosphere.
The only time i encountered any hostility was at the Millwall game, and they bloody well deserved it with THIS nonsense...

and i wear my Leeds stuff all the time. I have the Man U 0 - 1 Leeds shirt on right now
Wiljoy, having heard all that crap about Dirty Leeds from afar, i went and spent 12 months following Leeds and i can tell you now that there is nothing 'violent' about Elland Road... Away fans walked around the car parks with no problems... i brought my girl along on more than one occasion and she had a great time. No violence. No sexism. Just a great family atmosphere.
The only time i encountered any hostility was at the Millwall game, and they bloody well deserved it with THIS nonsense...

and i wear my Leeds stuff all the time. I have the Man U 0 - 1 Leeds shirt on right now
Side Before Self, Every Time
- Wiljoy
- Ballboy

- Posts: 28
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:59 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
Silky wrote:You really are a colin... Twiggs, PLEASE remove this guy's baggy greenHe's not even Australian!! (Sounds like someone else i know)
Wiljoy, having heard all that crap about Dirty Leeds from afar, i went and spent 12 months following Leeds and i can tell you now that there is nothing 'violent' about Elland Road... Away fans walked around the car parks with no problems... i brought my girl along on more than one occasion and she had a great time. No violence. No sexism. Just a great family atmosphere.
:
I'm afraid I just "DONT BELIEVE YOU.
The greater the challenge,the more glorious the triumph
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
- Silky
- Manager

- Posts: 2839
- Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 am
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
well if you just choose not to discuss something, and just want to make statements... piss somewhere else, would ya.. this is a 'discussion forum'...
And trust me, my Claire's a sook. If she felt unsafe somewhere she would not have come.
his some proof that she was there (just coz i like photos :rasta: )
Huddersfield @ ER

Bristol Rovers @ ER
And trust me, my Claire's a sook. If she felt unsafe somewhere she would not have come.
his some proof that she was there (just coz i like photos :rasta: )
Huddersfield @ ER

Bristol Rovers @ ER
Side Before Self, Every Time
-
joluafc4eva
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
I must admit - I dont like to see violence at football matches - it can be quite scary but Im quite happy to watch from afar
:mrgreen:
After watching the programme the other night (Monday at 7.30pm on BBC Yorkshire) I did feel rather proud to be a Leeds supporter - we're not called "dirty Leeds" for nothing. :scarf2: :scarf1:
I think Millwall supporters are worse than us though.
After watching the programme the other night (Monday at 7.30pm on BBC Yorkshire) I did feel rather proud to be a Leeds supporter - we're not called "dirty Leeds" for nothing. :scarf2: :scarf1:
I think Millwall supporters are worse than us though.
- revieboy
- First Team

- Posts: 1450
- Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:08 pm
- Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
Im afraid he is just an idiot.
He tried to provoke me by Personal message after our last discussion when he slated our current team.
Thinks he knows everything because he's 95
He tried to provoke me by Personal message after our last discussion when he slated our current team.
Thinks he knows everything because he's 95
- Wiljoy
- Ballboy

- Posts: 28
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:59 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
On you preferably.Silky wrote:piss somewhere else, would ya.. this is a 'discussion forum'...
The greater the challenge,the more glorious the triumph
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
- Wiljoy
- Ballboy

- Posts: 28
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:59 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
I think I am beginning to despise Leeds fans now,you are a set of illiterate slobs just like other soccer fans say.revieboy wrote:Im afraid he is just an idiot.
He tried to provoke me by Personal message after our last discussion when he slated our current team.
Thinks he knows everything because he's 95
Where do you all come from? Camp Road??
The greater the challenge,the more glorious the triumph
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
Rodillian
First match,Sunderland@Elland Road 1937.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15029
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
Sometimes there is a bit of taunting outside the away end, depends on the opposition really but if you want to go to the football and avoid any confrontation then it’s pretty easy to do so. The last real trouble I saw was after the Liverpool game and that was Liverpool fans smashing car windows, you can the scouser out of Liverpool.
I think two things contribute to the fact that we have more banning orders, they are that over the years we gained a bit of a reputation therefore most of our games are policed over the top, and if you over police a game and herd people around when they don’t want to be you will get arrests, no matter how small the offence. The other is we take massive numbers of fans away, more than a lot of Premiership clubs and I think that adds to it as well.
I think two things contribute to the fact that we have more banning orders, they are that over the years we gained a bit of a reputation therefore most of our games are policed over the top, and if you over police a game and herd people around when they don’t want to be you will get arrests, no matter how small the offence. The other is we take massive numbers of fans away, more than a lot of Premiership clubs and I think that adds to it as well.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
pLets put things in perspective
Firstly how many fans do Millwall have compared to Leeds United
They struggled to get 10/12,000 for home games & there support is limited to the locality in East London where as there are 100,000's of Leeds fans worldwide therefore Millwall have a much higher % of idiots/banned fans than Leeds have
I go home & away & have rarely seen any violence problems, as someone already has posted the away supporters mingle with the Leeds fans at ER before a game. The only problem have been when Millwall, Scum & Huddersfield come to ER
Finally having so many banning orders is a positive as far as Leeds Utd is concerned as it shows that the club/police are not prepared to turn a blind eye to the violent brigade & deal with the culprits accordingly. Safety for the real football fans is much better now than at any other time of the 47 years i have been supporting Leeds, that point provened with more women & families attending the games
Firstly how many fans do Millwall have compared to Leeds United
They struggled to get 10/12,000 for home games & there support is limited to the locality in East London where as there are 100,000's of Leeds fans worldwide therefore Millwall have a much higher % of idiots/banned fans than Leeds have
I go home & away & have rarely seen any violence problems, as someone already has posted the away supporters mingle with the Leeds fans at ER before a game. The only problem have been when Millwall, Scum & Huddersfield come to ER
Finally having so many banning orders is a positive as far as Leeds Utd is concerned as it shows that the club/police are not prepared to turn a blind eye to the violent brigade & deal with the culprits accordingly. Safety for the real football fans is much better now than at any other time of the 47 years i have been supporting Leeds, that point provened with more women & families attending the games
Last edited by 1964white on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15029
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Something to be ashamed of.
Bye then!!Wiljoy wrote: I think I am beginning to despise Leeds fans now,you are a set of illiterate slobs just like other soccer fans say.
Where do you all come from? Camp Road??
