Somma out for 6 months!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Somma out for 6 months!

Post by Twiggster »

He's just tweeted "Got scan back! Tore my ACL gunna be out for 5 to 6 months! thanks for all the support! Good luck boys against motherwell" FFS!
User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11608
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by Gandalf »

Don't worry - We've got Barndoor Billy :(
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
User avatar
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by drsdadsotherson »

:shock:

:(

:cry:

:doh:
User avatar
Toby
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1735
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: 3 Mins from ER

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by Toby »

Damn! :(

Time to bring Billy Sharp in.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by Twiggster »

Bates' fault,no doubt? :roll:
User avatar
Kepler
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:20 am
Location: Copenhagen

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by Kepler »

not good news. But we still have Macca, Becchio(if his injury is not that bad), Nunez, Gradel and Paynter, so we have strikers enough
Image

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by becchio bear »

Twiggster wrote:Bates' fault,no doubt? :roll:
I tore my ACL in December Twiggs, I blame Bates for that too :wink: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by PaulUSA »

becchio bear wrote:
I tore my ACL in December Twiggs, I blame Bates for that too :wink: :bear:
That's what you get for trying to climb atop your shed to look in on the captives! :mrgreen:
Helplessly hoping
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by becchio bear »

PaulUSA wrote:
That's what you get for trying to climb atop your shed to look in on the captives! :mrgreen:
I wondered where that sentence was going Paul, I got to atop........ :lol: :wink: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by Gino 1959 »

Have I been replaced in the shed?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155406
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by 1964white »

WR's favourite Leeds player after Killa last season :lol:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155406
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Don't worry - We've got Barndoor Billy :(
Told everyone he was a one season wonder when we signed him :shock:
Last edited by 1964white on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155406
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by 1964white »

Toby wrote:Damn! :(

Time to bring Billy Sharp in.
In your dreams Toby

How can we afford Sharp ? did Donny pay over a million quid for him
User avatar
Jason123
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:22 am

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by Jason123 »

Not Bates fault he is injured, will be his fault if we get no support in the transfer market
Image
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by becchio bear »

Gino 1959 wrote:Have I been replaced in the shed?
No Gino I have an elite team searching for you as I type :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
chicagowhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:15 pm
Location: Chicago USA
Contact:

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by chicagowhite »

Not good news I see Becchio (if fit) & Nunez or Gradel up front, if Becchio isn't ready for start of season we are not in good shape as we don't have anyone who win the ball in the air or hold it up unless you count Billy Barndoor.

If Becchio has a long term injury then we need to splash some cash as it can't/won't be cheap and get some one in maybe Sharpe, Yakubu possibly Hooper
7 Years of Lies, while L-U-F-C dies

"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."

A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by Dr.Leeds »

1964white wrote:
Told everyone he was a one season wonder when we signed him :shock:
Really? Funny that you haven't mentioned it since. :wink:
Image
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155406
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by 1964white »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
Really? Funny that you haven't mentioned it since. :wink:
I must stop repeating myself, a sign of old age mate :wink:

Anyway with Becchio & Somma out at least Billy will be looking forward to the new season, God help us !
User avatar
Toby
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1735
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: 3 Mins from ER

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by Toby »

Didn't realise how close the season was, 21 days now? Crazy!

2m would get Sharp ere!
User avatar
Kepler
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:20 am
Location: Copenhagen

Re: Somma out for 6 months!

Post by Kepler »

seriusly don't get the how pople on here hate paynter so much. He had a real stop and go season last year, and did not get a propper pre season. From what I saw from the last few games, he worked hard, and made some good runs. What he was missing was a bit of luck and confidence. Given a good pre season, he could be a good back up for becchio, and get 7-10 goals this season
Image

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
Post Reply