Leicester Meet Up

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Leicester Meet Up

Post by becchio bear »

Apologies for putting this on the main forum but Harry has requested that I do so :-D

Ok folk who are attending this game, ideas for where to meet up please. The Magic Sponge has been suggested, is this one ok or has anyone got somewhere else in mind?

Cheers. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by Emsley »

Some place that aint heaving would be a good start.
I go for my ticket on monday will be bring my neighbour - youll be suprised.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by becchio bear »

Thanks for replying Ems. 75 views and only 1 reply :roll:

Come on guys, suggestions needed please, i've never been to an MOT meet up and haven't been en masse to a pub on match day so help needed! :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by Genghers »

becchio bear wrote:Thanks for replying Ems. 75 views and only 1 reply :roll:

Come on guys, suggestions needed please, i've never been to an MOT meet up and haven't been en masse to a pub on match day so help needed! :bear:
Don't you mean A MOT meet up, Little Miss Grammar? :wink:

Also, I won't be in Leeds sadly, would have liked to come down and make my second match of the season :(
Armleywhite

Leicester Meet Up

Post by Armleywhite »

We used several in the past. Unfortunately all will be very busy after the match. But billys bar, Sponge, whistlestop peacock drysalters Some are a bit far away from the ground and it would make it a little difficult for some to get to.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by becchio bear »

Genghers wrote:
Don't you mean A MOT meet up, Little Miss Grammar? :wink:

Also, I won't be in Leeds sadly, would have liked to come down and make my second match of the season :(
Lol I did think that when I typed it :lol: It flows better to say an though :| :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155154
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by 1964white »

Gessa has ducked out :lol: :wink:
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:Gessa has ducked out :lol: :wink:
I know, I think he was scared of meeting me :lol: :wink: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15032
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Unfornately not going to be able to make it, missing the last home game of the season for the first time in a long time.

I would suggest the Magic Sponge or the Drysalters, both will be busy but should be enough room. Drysalters may be better on a nice day as there is space outside.
joluafc4eva

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by joluafc4eva »

Billys Bar would be best for me as the Magic Sponge is a bit too much "uphill" for me to walk - although I suppose I could load my mobility scooter in the car for this one :oops: Havent a clue where the Drysalters is so I would need to meet up someone outside ER and follow them to wherever it is.

I presume the main carpark on Elland Road stays open and doesnt get closed off as that is where I park.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by becchio bear »

Right I understand there is a meet up at The Magic Sponge at 11am, spread the word :beer: :-D :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
gessa

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by gessa »

becchio bear wrote:
I know, I think he was scared of meeting me :lol: :wink: :bear:

You've got me sussed :wink:
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by Drs.Dad »

Purely for information, where is the Magic Sponge?
Image
joluafc4eva

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by joluafc4eva »

becchio bear wrote:Right I understand there is a meet up at The Magic Sponge at 11am, spread the word :beer: :-D :bear:
Oh well thats me fupped then - got to get up early enough for the early kick-off. We wont get to Leeds till about 12.00pm so no time for me to get up to the Magic Sponge and then on to the game.

Oh well.
Armleywhite

Leicester Meet Up

Post by Armleywhite »

Drs.Dad wrote:Purely for information, where is the Magic Sponge?
on lowfields rd. go past east stand under the motorway and it's about 200 yds on the left. walking only by that route from the ground though.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by Drs.Dad »

Armleywhite wrote: on lowfields rd. go past east stand under the motorway and it's about 200 yds on the left. walking only by that route from the ground though.

Thanks Armley...... I'll have Drs.Mum in her wheelchair, so probably won't manage it (she hates being rushed, likes to be early everywhere she goes, and takes it out on me if she's not!), but I've no doubt our representative will be there (Dr.Leeds)! Photos please lads, and would love to chat to any one of you can make it to Bay 73, front of the Kop.
Image
User avatar
Toby
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1735
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: 3 Mins from ER

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by Toby »

I'll put my name tag on!

Cya there :)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155154
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by 1964white »

Drs.Dad wrote:
so probably won't manage it (she hates being rushed, likes to be early everywhere she goes, and takes it out on me if she's not!)
I know the feeling DD :roll:
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by Gino 1959 »

Toby wrote:I'll put my name tag on!

Cya there :)
Image
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Toby
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1735
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: 3 Mins from ER

Re: Leicester Meet Up

Post by Toby »

:lol: :lol: Thanks mate!
Post Reply