Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
Reading on Waccoe re people who have been to the match today, Morison is either unfit or just plain lazy, either way not sounding good
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
-
Kyle_5351
- First Team

- Posts: 2119
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
- Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
I made it to half time, but then the audio feed sent me to sleep. It was a shame, because the first half was quite exciting, even listening to the radio!
So yes, BB, I did fall asleep!
So yes, BB, I did fall asleep!
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
LOL I knew itKyle_5351 wrote:I made it to half time, but then the audio feed sent me to sleep. It was a shame, because the first half was quite exciting, even listening to the radio!
So yes, BB, I did fall asleep!
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
Kyle_5351 wrote:I made it to half time, but then the audio feed sent me to sleep. It was a shame, because the first half was quite exciting, even listening to the radio!
So yes, BB, I did fall asleep!
- leedsmad
- First Team

- Posts: 1839
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
i listened to the game , sounds like we should of won and Ross Mac missing a goal , i don't understand why he made no subs , El Diouf would of changed things up.... I don't know why i couldn't get on VLR there was no link to join everyone ?
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
The link is always there on the Forum Index, mate?leedsmad wrote:i listened to the game , sounds like we should of won and Ross Mac missing a goal , i don't understand why he made no subs , El Diouf would of changed things up.... I don't know why i couldn't get on VLR there was no link to join everyone ?
-
Kyle_5351
- First Team

- Posts: 2119
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
- Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
I tried, I really did. Work on Saturday took it outta meTwiggster wrote:
We knew it!!!
LM, VLR link is up the top of the web page, under "live chat".
- leedsmad
- First Team

- Posts: 1839
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
Yeah i know , but couldn't get onKyle_5351 wrote:
I tried, I really did. Work on Saturday took it outta me![]()
LM, VLR link is up the top of the web page, under "live chat".
- leedsmad
- First Team

- Posts: 1839
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
i got on there the last 2 games , don't know why i couldn't last night , missed youse all on itTwiggster wrote:
The link is always there on the Forum Index, mate?
-
Chester
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 274
- Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 pm
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
I went to the match yesterday.
Firstly, the positives. We seem to be playing a different style of football, the long 'hoof' ball has gone and the passing game is back. I haven't seen this in a Leeds team for a long time but enjoyed so much more than the big up field to anybody.
For large parts parts of the game we were in control, defence looked solid, midfield was in charge. My MOTM was Tongue, he was outstanding in midfield once again. What an earth was Warnock playing Brown and Austin for so long for when Tongue is clearly a much better player.
The negatives for the day were the forwards. As good as Varney was on Wednesday night v Blackpool he had a poor game at Blackburn. He missed 2 of our 3 chances, not connected properly with either chance close to the goal.
The biggest miss game from McCormack swiping with his left foot with just the keeper to beat, missing the goal completely.
Morison I'm not convinced by at all. His first touch was absolutely awful, losing the ball so easily once at his feet.
Warnock clearly sees something in Morison that I don't, he must be saving his talent for the training pitch...
Firstly, the positives. We seem to be playing a different style of football, the long 'hoof' ball has gone and the passing game is back. I haven't seen this in a Leeds team for a long time but enjoyed so much more than the big up field to anybody.
For large parts parts of the game we were in control, defence looked solid, midfield was in charge. My MOTM was Tongue, he was outstanding in midfield once again. What an earth was Warnock playing Brown and Austin for so long for when Tongue is clearly a much better player.
The negatives for the day were the forwards. As good as Varney was on Wednesday night v Blackpool he had a poor game at Blackburn. He missed 2 of our 3 chances, not connected properly with either chance close to the goal.
The biggest miss game from McCormack swiping with his left foot with just the keeper to beat, missing the goal completely.
Morison I'm not convinced by at all. His first touch was absolutely awful, losing the ball so easily once at his feet.
Warnock clearly sees something in Morison that I don't, he must be saving his talent for the training pitch...
-
Kyle_5351
- First Team

- Posts: 2119
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
- Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
The link never changes mate. It will take ou to the chat room. Once in VLR, you can get the link for Radio.leedsmad wrote: Yeah i know , but couldn't get on, i went on live chat then VLR but was no link for the game last night did you get on VLR Kyle ?
I am generally always in VLR for Saturday games, but half the time I fall asleep, as I usually work Saturdays and Sundays.
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
It's nice to know we are trying to pass it around now.Chester wrote:I went to the match yesterday.
Firstly, the positives. We seem to be playing a different style of football, the long 'hoof' ball has gone and the passing game is back. I haven't seen this in a Leeds team for a long time but enjoyed so much more than the big up field to anybody.
For large parts parts of the game we were in control, defence looked solid, midfield was in charge. My MOTM was Tongue, he was outstanding in midfield once again. What an earth was Warnock playing Brown and Austin for so long for when Tongue is clearly a much better player.
The negatives for the day were the forwards. As good as Varney was on Wednesday night v Blackpool he had a poor game at Blackburn. He missed 2 of our 3 chances, not connected properly with either chance close to the goal.
The biggest miss game from McCormack swiping with his left foot with just the keeper to beat, missing the goal completely.
Morison I'm not convinced by at all. His first touch was absolutely awful, losing the ball so easily once at his feet.
Warnock clearly sees something in Morison that I don't, he must be saving his talent for the training pitch...
See how we do over next couple of games and if we keep that style and see (which it will) the improvements that come with playing normal football!
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
its odd, the Beeb and others described it as a match where little happened.............
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
...which I took to be the case from the 10 secs of highlights on the FLSmav wrote:its odd, the Beeb and others described it as a match where little happened.............
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
Chester
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 274
- Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 pm
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
You are indeed correct, very little did happen.
I remember 3 shots on goal, which consisted of 1 McCormack miss and 2 Varney shots which he didn't connect fully.
Apologies if I made the game sound evenful, it wasn't.
I remember 3 shots on goal, which consisted of 1 McCormack miss and 2 Varney shots which he didn't connect fully.
Apologies if I made the game sound evenful, it wasn't.
- CardiffWhite
- First Team

- Posts: 1268
- Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:27 pm
- Location: Cardiff
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
GOOD!CardiffWhite wrote:Looks like we damaged a few of their players....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21573525
-
eastyorkshirewhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2057
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
Been away since sunday hence late report it was a game we should have won.We were the better side but that does not bring you a result if you cant score only a couple shots on target.
Kenny 6 looked solid
Byram 7 Not troubled
Lees 8 handled Rhodes well
Peltier 6 Solid
Warnock 7 Got forward well
Green 7 Covered a lot of ground
Norris 7 carried ball forward well
Tonge 9 Emense
Varney 6 not as good as against Blackpool
McCormack 6 Missed a good chance
Morison 4 Oh dear
Kenny 6 looked solid
Byram 7 Not troubled
Lees 8 handled Rhodes well
Peltier 6 Solid
Warnock 7 Got forward well
Green 7 Covered a lot of ground
Norris 7 carried ball forward well
Tonge 9 Emense
Varney 6 not as good as against Blackpool
McCormack 6 Missed a good chance
Morison 4 Oh dear
-
Chester
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 274
- Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 pm
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
Well summed up.
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Blackburn v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
Soft bastids.Twiggster wrote:
GOOD!Funny how Bently gets praise in that article, when Eddie Gray kept mentioning how soft Bently was, during the commentary
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.