Blinded by the light

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by Martyn »

Drs.Dad wrote:


I'm sure that the only problem in this particular area is that Cellino has no idea how slowly the wheels of British bureaucracy turn in any given situation. He expected to turn up with the requested information, and that the Football League would vote it through on the spot.... little did he know how the very mention of Leeds United in the hallowed halls of the FL, and time slows to a virtual standstill. I fully expect the FL to stretch this out as long as possible. Perhaps once he gets the permission of the FL to complete ownership, then, and only then will he commence taking steps towards the purchase of Elland Road.
:tup:
Fair enough, let's suspend the question until the day after he is nodded through. But he could have helped himself if he hadn't delayed supplying the information by a week.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by Gino 1959 »

Drs.Dad wrote: I'm sure that the only problem in this particular area is that Cellino has no idea how slowly the wheels of British bureaucracy turn in any given situation.
I've tried to do business in Italy and Britain is supersonic by comparison.

BTW I have no spent or outstanding convictions :mrgreen:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by Drs.Dad »

I'm not going to try second-guessing the guy.... perhaps the info required was only available in Sardinia, or Miami, and he personally brought it when he met the FL. You don't know either, so it's probably best to wait until he actually owns the club before calling him a liar or anything else? I think it is going to go through, so we will be able to see for ourselves whether he can walk the walk then.
:tup:
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by Twiggster »

What everyone forgets, is that that well known LUFC fan "white shyte up the road" Shaun Harvey, is head honcho at the FL.
He will "work his socks off" to delay ANYTHING involving GFH-C, after they unceremoniously sacked him.
Apropos - WHERE was the "Fit and Proper" ruling applied , regarding taking THREE clubs into administration, when that turd got this powerful job? :evil:
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by Martyn »

Twiggster wrote:What everyone forgets, is that that well known LUFC fan "white shyte up the road" Shaun Harvey, is head honcho at the FL.
He will "work his socks off" to delay ANYTHING involving GFH-C, after they unceremoniously sacked him.
Apropos - WHERE was the "Fit and Proper" ruling applied , regarding taking THREE clubs into administration, when that turd got this powerful job? :evil:
One or two of us did question that at the time of his appointment .

And if you check the first post on what is now the Mega-TOMA thread, I asked whether the delay in approving the Sport Capital bid could be anything to do with Bates's chum
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79003
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by The Subhuman »

Twiggster wrote:
MAJORITY of Leeds fans voted NO to him, in three independent polls at the time. YEP, TSS and The SquareBall. Came out 75% against him and 15% in favour. 10% didn't care, as long as we were rich. :roll:
The week after, the same polls showed a swing in favour of Cellino, after Flowers dropped out.
Since the Farnan plea to the FL and the obvious fannying about by Cellino (who clearly doesn't understand FL rules), the majority of Leeds fan have voted NO again this week.

I'm not as vociferous as GW about this, but Cellino looks out of his depth ATM. Worried

75% of Leeds fans bothering to vote on two small "fanzines"...and a local paper internet site...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by Martyn »

Decent, balanced, article by Danny Mills

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6439200
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by becchio bear »

faaip wrote:

75% of Leeds fans bothering to vote on two small "fanzines"...and a local paper internet site...
Exactly faaip. I still appear to be waiting for Twiggs to come back to me :roll: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
gessa

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by gessa »

Guildford White wrote:Decent, balanced, article by Danny Mills

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6439200
Well balanced as you say, this being the main point as regard the takeover which is going to happen.

The long and short of this is that judging him is extremely difficult until his name’s above the door and he’s calling the shots. You might think he’s going to cause chaos or be a disaster but we’ll only find out when the deal is done and the club is his.

We can all prejudge his past but what the future holds we don't know.
I still don't think any of the options are ideal but I don't think we'd be in a better position financially if Farnan took over, we would still be looking for more investment to take the club forward,imo people are in the main only interested in theFarnan bid because he has got Lucas on side.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79003
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:
Well balanced as you say, this being the main point as regard the takeover which is going to happen.

The long and short of this is that judging him is extremely difficult until his name’s above the door and he’s calling the shots. You might think he’s going to cause chaos or be a disaster but we’ll only find out when the deal is done and the club is his.

We can all prejudge his past but what the future holds we don't know.
I still don't think any of the options are ideal but I don't think we'd be in a better position financially if Farnan took over, we would still be looking for more investment to take the club forward,imo people are in the main only interested in theFarnan bid because he has got Lucas on side.
you knew what you were getting under Ken Bates..
you knew GFH were clueless amateurs with no working capital from day one...by the way any decent or viable Yorkshire consortium had a great chance there...what was that an 18 month window?...

The answer for Farnans' group was to simply out bid MC, they want the club bad enough..they'll stump up the money..put 30 mill on the table and Leeds could be Yorkshire consortium run ..

I'm not buying a motor car because it has a furry dice in the window..

I have absolutely no idea what happens under Cellino's reign..likely not it won't end well because he's already hated..but a grandstand gesture like the repurchase of Elland road might start to sway the indecisive...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Armleywhite

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by Armleywhite »

Aye, we knew what we were getting under bates. Decent stadium for a crap mediocre team to play each week. No investment in the actual thing that matter most each week, the squad and allowing decent workers and players look elsewhere. However, I digress.
people are in the main only interested in the Farnan bid because he has got Lucas on side.
Damn right. Not because he is a Leeds legend, but because he is the epitome of loyalty, integrity and above all trusted. Considering who he is, unless the wool is firmly pulled down over his eyes, I can't see him getting involved, knowingly, with anything less than a genuine deal.

What also amazes me is that a lot are saying give him the benefit of the doubt. NO, sorry, I won't. Why should I? The guy is a proven fraudster, unlike Bates who was just involved and was never actually convicted of anything concrete. even though he ripped millions from the Irish banking scams. So, why were so many people anti-bates. Seems to me the main, initial hatred was purely down to Chelsea connection. IMO, these will be dark days for the club under Cellino.

However, please let me point out that I sincerely hope I am wrong. I'd so really hope to be proved wrong.
gessa

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by gessa »

Armleywhite wrote: However, I digress.



Damn right. Not because he is a Leeds legend, but because he is the epitome of loyalty, integrity and above all trusted. Considering who he is, unless the wool is firmly pulled down over his eyes, I can't see him getting involved, knowingly, with anything less than a genuine deal.
I knew it would get a reaction and rightly so but like all of us he can be sold a dream. I have to admit, when I saw Lucas was on board I was immediately onside but looking at the bid, imo Farnan , no matter how good the intentions is really only in a position financially to keep us standing still, unless he knows of furthur investment he can get but is not letting on.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79003
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't I recall Lucas being involved in another take over bid...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by becchio bear »

Now that is what I call being blinded by the light. The mere mention of Lucas' name so it must be ok :roll: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Armleywhite

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by Armleywhite »

So you all think that JUST because Radabe's name is mentioned I follow the Farnana deal?? I take it you didn't read the accompanying words??

Go figure :roll:
gessa

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by gessa »

Armleywhite wrote:So you all think that JUST because Radabe's name is mentioned I follow the Farnana deal?? I take it you didn't read the accompanying words??

Go figure :roll:
I took the accompanying words as a blast at Celino not support of Farnan.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by Martyn »

faaip wrote:Don't I recall Lucas being involved in another take over bid...
No,it was the Farnan bid, back in September / October or so. They put in an offer (reported in the press as £7 million, although Farnan has said it was higher) that was rejected by GFH, then GFH granted exclusivity to Haigh's Sport Capital and when that fell through Cellino stepped in. Throughout this, GFH have refused to talk to the Farnan Together Leeds consortium, and I would love to know why that is.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by Martyn »

gessa wrote:
Well balanced as you say, this being the main point as regard the takeover which is going to happen.

The long and short of this is that judging him is extremely difficult until his name’s above the door and he’s calling the shots. You might think he’s going to cause chaos or be a disaster but we’ll only find out when the deal is done and the club is his.

We can all prejudge his past but what the future holds we don't know.
I still don't think any of the options are ideal but I don't think we'd be in a better position financially if Farnan took over, we would still be looking for more investment to take the club forward,imo people are in the main only interested in theFarnan bid because he has got Lucas on side.
Interesting temporal question there gessa - can you prejudge the past?

Certainly you can judge it, but you have me stuck somewhere in the time vortex with that concept.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
gessa

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by gessa »

Guildford White wrote:
Interesting temporal question there gessa - can you prejudge the past?

Certainly you can judge it, but you have me stuck somewhere in the time vortex with that concept.
tut tut
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Blinded by the light

Post by Martyn »

gessa wrote:
tut tut
:-D
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Post Reply