When will Hockaday be sacked?
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
When will Hockaday be sacked?
I'll go for 22nd October, the day after we lose at Norwich.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
He will not be sacked, he will leave by mutual consent.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- woodfordwhites
- First Team

- Posts: 1838
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:07 pm
- Location: east london
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
stop all the bitching.it is what it is get on with it ffs
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
No opinions allowed then?woodfordwhites wrote:stop all the bitching.it is what it is get on with it ffs
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- woodfordwhites
- First Team

- Posts: 1838
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:07 pm
- Location: east london
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
thats my opinion. leeds utd are still alive i wouldnt care if we were in the confrence i will follow them. all talk is doom and gloom before this man people saying we dont want an italian bla bla bla some people carry on like a bunch of old women with nothing else to bitch and moan about.rant over
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
We will all still follow and support LUFC mate, point here is that we are voicing our opinion, as you are, and our's is that this appointment is absurd given the lack of experience at this level of Hockaday.
I am sure GW and others like myself hope we have egg on our face's if he amazingly takes us to the promised land of the premiership or even gets us to play offs. But somehow I doubt it.......
I am sure GW and others like myself hope we have egg on our face's if he amazingly takes us to the promised land of the premiership or even gets us to play offs. But somehow I doubt it.......
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
- CptCrash
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 457
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:59 pm
- Twitter: @foxobilly
- Location: Co Durham
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
Gone after 10 games max. A seriously bad appointment, the scale of the club will blow him apart and he will be jelly walking before the season starts.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
Certainly hope I'm wrong, but I would have been happier if the club showed any ambition. Appointing someone whose greatest achievement is to finish tenth in the conference (twice) shows the limits of that ambition. We are destined for mediocrity, better get used to it.Gurj wrote:We will all still follow and support LUFC mate, point here is that we are voicing our opinion, as you are, and our's is that this appointment is absurd given the lack of experience at this level of Hockaday.
I am sure GW and others like myself hope we have egg on our face's if he amazingly takes us to the promised land of the premiership or even gets us to play offs. But somehow I doubt it.......
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155128
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
Similar to McDermott eh....37% win record at LUFCCptCrash wrote:Gone after 10 games max. A seriously bad appointment, the scale of the club will blow him apart and he will be jelly walking before the season starts.
-
El Es Six
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 345
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:06 pm
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
My instinct too. I hope I'm wrong.CptCrash wrote:Gone after 10 games max. A seriously bad appointment, the scale of the club will blow him apart and he will be jelly walking before the season starts.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
No, Hockaday's record is worse.1964white wrote:
Similar to McDermott eh....37% win record at LUFC
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14807
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
I'm with CaptCrash, he'll last 10 games if he's lucky.
I genuinely hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I doubt it. Time was, clubs in this damnedable league looked for our fixtures for money in the bank or a big day out to a proper ground etc. Now they'll be looking for our fixtures as a guaranteed 6 points. WTAF???
I genuinely hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I doubt it. Time was, clubs in this damnedable league looked for our fixtures for money in the bank or a big day out to a proper ground etc. Now they'll be looking for our fixtures as a guaranteed 6 points. WTAF???
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
I hope he never gets sacked just as I do with any that get the job, because I want leeds to win every game.
Till proven otherwise I will presume they know more than the limited amount I know about the chap.
I don't see why the default setting for most Leeds fans is doom and gloom.
Till proven otherwise I will presume they know more than the limited amount I know about the chap.
I don't see why the default setting for most Leeds fans is doom and gloom.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
From his Wiki:
So perhaps Cellino liked this side of his CV. He's not achieved as a manager, but Cellino has said he's looking for a coach rather than a manager and on a free, he fits the bill. Apparently he was also part of Southampton's youth set up from 2007-2009, and they've produced plenty of excellent players since then.In 1995 he established the first football academy in the country at Cirencester. The Cirencester Football Academy was created in conjunction with the local Sixth Form College. The Academy team soon built up a nation-wide reputation by winning the National College Championship. Subsequently, his concept of a football academy has been adopted by most major clubs in England. In 2000 he joined Graham Taylor at Watford as the clubs Under 18 coach. As Under 18 coach at Watford, Hockaday helped develop the careers of players such as Paul Robinson, Hameur Bouazza, Tommy Smith, Darren Ward, Ashley Young and Alhassan Bangura. In 2005 he was promoted to first-team coach and assisted the Hornets as the club won promotion to the Premier League in 2006.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
Probably because we've had nowt to be happy with in the last 20+ years!mav wrote:I hope he never gets sacked just as I do with any that get the job, because I want leeds to win every game.
Till proven otherwise I will presume they know more than the limited amount I know about the chap.
I don't see why the default setting for most Leeds fans is doom and gloom.
Ah well, he is here for the moment.
We'll all still be behind the team, but I'd advise him not to bother unpacking.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78985
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
well if he is poor. He'll be gone quick smart...at least thats something eh?...
can we pin this thread?
can we pin this thread?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155128
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
If he lasts 10 games that's football management Nick....Cellino will have to learn lessons & appoint a coach that can do the job, in the meantime i'll back the new men in charge & wish them all the bestlufc1304 wrote:I'm with CaptCrash, he'll last 10 games if he's lucky.
I genuinely hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I doubt it. Time was, clubs in this damnedable league looked for our fixtures for money in the bank or a big day out to a proper ground etc. Now they'll be looking for our fixtures as a guaranteed 6 points. WTAF???
We'll soon find out the consequences in time !
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155128
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
Which is indeed worrying, hopefully Hock will have better quality players to work with !Guildford White wrote:
No, Hockaday's record is worse.
He is at ER as a coach & not a manager
-
eastyorkshirewhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2053
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am
Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?
Well it just shows what lack of ambition we have how can you expect to entice any decent players with him all he will be is glorified yes man how many games if I knew that I woud be at the bookies now all I know we are 5/1 to be relegated and the bookies are not usually far wrong.
