Top LUFC Scorer....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by 1964white »

William Hill odds for Championship top scorer this season :

Noel Hunt 66/1
Steve Morison 80/1
Matt Smith 100/1

I wouldn't have a bet on any of them but do the WH oddsmakers realize Smith was our 2nd highest scorer with 12 goals & Noel Hunt scored a big fat zero......confused :?
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by mav »

I would have said Smith tbh........
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by Crude »

I'll wait to see what other signings we make. Do expect a decent season from Smith though.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19705
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by weasel »

With decent service Smith could bang plenty. To score how many he did without wingers crossing was a very respectable achievement.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by becchio bear »

weasel wrote:With decent service Smith could bang plenty. To score how many he did without wingers crossing was a very respectable achievement.
Perhaps an "in" might make the sentence flow a little easier :P :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19705
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by weasel »

weasel wrote:With decent service Smith could bang plenty. To score how many he did without wingers crossing was a very respectable achievement.
With decent service Smith could bang plenty. To score how many he did without wingers crossing in was a very respectable achievement.

Sorted :wink:
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by becchio bear »

weasel wrote:
With decent service Smith could bang plenty. To score how many he did without wingers crossing in was a very respectable achievement.

Sorted :wink:
Cheeky :-D :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by Crude »

becchio bear wrote:
Cheeky :-D :bear:
Stop thinking with your becchio. :shocked:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:William Hill odds for Championship top scorer this season :

Noel Hunt 66/1
Steve Morison 80/1
Matt Smith 100/1

I wouldn't have a bet on any of them but do the WH oddsmakers realize Smith was our 2nd highest scorer with 12 goals & Noel Hunt scored a big fat zero......confused :?
I'd have a fiver on Smith for that, were I a betting man. He could do pretty well this season with more starts, Cellino certainly seems to rate him too.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: I'd have a fiver on Smith for that, were I a betting man. He could do pretty well this season with more starts, Cellino certainly seems to rate him too.
With you Genghers if I was a betting man out of those three my money would be on Smith

Still scratching my head why are Smith odds the longest & Hunt is shorter even though he never scored a goal last season, Morison only scored four :?
User avatar
Kepler
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:20 am
Location: Copenhagen

Re: Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by Kepler »

Seems werry strange. and if We end up playing with Byram on the wing this season, and Young Taylor at LB, we will have a few players who are good at putting in a cross.
Image

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79119
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd keep Byram at RB and play the new kid at LB
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Kepler
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:20 am
Location: Copenhagen

Re: Top LUFC Scorer....

Post by Kepler »

faaip wrote:I'd keep Byram at RB and play the new kid at LB
IF the new swiss defender is good, then I would love to see him on RB and Taylor at LB. Byram has the potential to be a really good right winger
Image

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
Post Reply