Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155127
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
With Doukara suspended Darko is forced to make at least one change for the visit of Wolves
I personally would bring back Cook to bolster up the midfield.....I suspect Sharp or Morison will replace Doukara though
Silvestri
Byram Pearce Bellusci Berardi
Cook
Austin Bianchi Mowatt Adryan
Antenucci
Subs : Taylor Cooper Warnock Sloth Dawson Sharp Morison
I personally would bring back Cook to bolster up the midfield.....I suspect Sharp or Morison will replace Doukara though
Silvestri
Byram Pearce Bellusci Berardi
Cook
Austin Bianchi Mowatt Adryan
Antenucci
Subs : Taylor Cooper Warnock Sloth Dawson Sharp Morison
-
Kyle_5351
- First Team

- Posts: 2119
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
- Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
------------Silvestri
Byram--Bellusci--Pearce--Berardi
---------Cook----Austin
---Bianchi--Adryan--Mowatt
----------Antennucci
Byram--Bellusci--Pearce--Berardi
---------Cook----Austin
---Bianchi--Adryan--Mowatt
----------Antennucci
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
Kyle, really like the look of your team..... switch Bianchi to the anchor ( and move Cook forward ) and that would be exactly how I would like us to set up to start the game.
Some may see it as being slightly negative playing just one up front at home but I think having that 5 in midfield would not only add solidity but also a lot of flair with Adryan, Cook, and Mowatt all in the mix.
My one fear is lack of mobility in central defence - Wolves are a very pacy side up front - Sakho is a real handful and so is Dicko.....hopefully Sakho will fail he's fitness test - it will certainly make it easier for us if he is unfit.
Some may see it as being slightly negative playing just one up front at home but I think having that 5 in midfield would not only add solidity but also a lot of flair with Adryan, Cook, and Mowatt all in the mix.
My one fear is lack of mobility in central defence - Wolves are a very pacy side up front - Sakho is a real handful and so is Dicko.....hopefully Sakho will fail he's fitness test - it will certainly make it easier for us if he is unfit.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
Call me old-fashioned, I'd still prefer to have a left-footed left back.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
Sharp and Austin are doubts with injury and obviously Doukara is suspended. Milanic has said that Sharp (if fit), Morison and Montenegro are all in contention for his spot.
I prefer Warnock at left-back. As GW says, it makes sense to play a left-footer there who'll be more of an attacking threat. Though I think Berardi has a bit more pace in him than Warnock, which could be useful vs. Wolves' attack.
I'd go with:
-------------Silvestri--------------
Byram-Bellusci-Pearce-Warnock
--------------Cook-----------------
----Bianchi---------Mowatt-------
-------------Adryan----------------
-------Sharp-------Antenucci-----
Morison in for Sharp if he's injured - I'm not sure if Montenegro will be ready for a start yet, but he will be on the bench if Sharp's out.
I prefer Warnock at left-back. As GW says, it makes sense to play a left-footer there who'll be more of an attacking threat. Though I think Berardi has a bit more pace in him than Warnock, which could be useful vs. Wolves' attack.
I'd go with:
-------------Silvestri--------------
Byram-Bellusci-Pearce-Warnock
--------------Cook-----------------
----Bianchi---------Mowatt-------
-------------Adryan----------------
-------Sharp-------Antenucci-----
Morison in for Sharp if he's injured - I'm not sure if Montenegro will be ready for a start yet, but he will be on the bench if Sharp's out.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155127
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
Did Sharp injure himself tying his bootlaces upGenghers wrote:Sharp and Austin are doubts with injury and obviously Doukara is suspended. Milanic has said that Sharp (if fit), Morison and Montenegro are all in contention for his spot.
I prefer Warnock at left-back. As GW says, it makes sense to play a left-footer there who'll be more of an attacking threat. Though I think Berardi has a bit more pace in him than Warnock, which could be useful vs. Wolves' attack.
I'd go with:
-------------Silvestri--------------
Byram-Bellusci-Pearce-Warnock
--------------Cook-----------------
----Bianchi---------Mowatt-------
-------------Adryan----------------
-------Sharp-------Antenucci-----
Morison in for Sharp if he's injured - I'm not sure if Montenegro will be ready for a start yet, but he will be on the bench if Sharp's out.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
Just heard it's the Championship main game, so there will be streams available
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
You're old fashioned.Guildford White wrote:Call me old-fashioned, I'd still prefer to have a left-footed left back.
And right.

- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155127
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
Thankfully i'll be there....seems like an age since i attended my last Leeds gameTwiggster wrote:Just heard it's the Championship main game, so there will be streams available
Six on the bounce coming up
-
Kyle_5351
- First Team

- Posts: 2119
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
- Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
Sounds kinky1964white wrote:
Thankfully i'll be there....seems like an age since i attended my last Leeds game
Six on the bounce coming upi'll probably miss Ipswich away & then four consecutive matches throughout December unless Mrs 64 drags me somewhere in the back of beyond over Christmas
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155127
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
Are you Gino in disguiseKyle_5351 wrote:
Sounds kinky
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
Nope GW is left - pay attention!Dr.Leeds wrote:
You're old fashioned.
And right.
Anyroad - word from TA is that barring a miracle, Sharp won't make it, so superhero Millwall Morison starts up front with Aunty Nooky. Dunno how match fit Moggy is, but he's done OK in the Dev.Squad recently. But so has Monty...
We shall see.
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
If Sharp isn't fit I'd actually start Antenucci as line striker with Adryan free behind him and Cook in midfield.

- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
Antenucci as a winger then?Dr.Leeds wrote:If Sharp isn't fit I'd actually start Antenucci as line striker with Adryan free behind him and Cook in midfield.
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
Nile or the famous Ranger? :mrgreen:Dr.Leeds wrote:*lone
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
DeNile is a terrible thing, rubbish player too.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
-
eastyorkshirewhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2053
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
To be hope Cook has two shreaded wheat for breakfast then1964white wrote:With Doukara suspended Darko is forced to make at least one change for the visit of Wolves
I personally would bring back Cook to bolster up the midfield.....I suspect Sharp or Morison will replace Doukara though
Silvestri
Byram Pearce Bellusci Berardi
Cook
Austin Bianchi Mowatt Adryan
Antenucci
Subs : Taylor Cooper Warnock Sloth Dawson Sharp Morison
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155127
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
I'd play that system even if Sharp is fit.....playing two upfront is an outdated way in football thesedaysDr.Leeds wrote:If Sharp isn't fit I'd actually start Antenucci as line striker with Adryan free behind him and Cook in midfield.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155127
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings
Well I won't be sharing my daily breakfast of porridge, sliced banana, shredded apple topped with syrup with Lewis even though I rate the ladeastyorkshirewhite wrote: To be hope Cook has two shreaded wheat for breakfast then