Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by LUFCRACE »

Just a bit of a reminder really, we haven't had very many in our match day chat room recently! And a certain few that do only seem to use it as a source for a link to the game. :roll: :wink: :wink:

A certain former 'overlord' of MOT used to describe it as the next best place to follow Leeds United if you can't get to the match. Listen (or watch) alongside fellow fans, celebrate, commiserate, talk about something completely unrelated - following the club you love is always better done with other people! (And, for me, anyway, the live element of the chat is a better way that following a thread on here).

We're open from between half an hour and an hour before every match (including pre-season friendlies) until the last person buggers off afterwards!

There is a 'live chat' link up the top of MOT, sign in with your MOT username and password (so we know who you are!), if you register that name, then you will be able to use it again in future. Come join the fun! (Or don't.)

Virtual Lowfields Road
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78985
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by The Subhuman »

prefer the thread we use here...always found the chatroom a little inane...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by LUFCRACE »

faaip wrote:prefer the thread we use here...always found the chatroom a little inane...
fair enough, each to their own....
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78985
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by The Subhuman »

I used to use it but by the time you've typed out an intelligent response and spell checked it 10-15 more posts have been made

great for innuendo and the odd football related oooh or goooooooallllll though

does Twiggs still go in?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Mort
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: South London

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by Mort »

Twiggs has been conspicuous by his absence for quite some tine now :(

and from memory faaip, you were a fair bit quicker to respond than your post would suggest :)

apart from all that, it can be tricky to follow when there's a lot in (not that there has been lately unfortunately) but that and the inanity is a large part of its charm. And you needn't worry about spell checking your posts - the spelling police have been banned! (I'm probably the worst for mis-spalling)
KEEP THE FAITH!
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by LUFCRACE »

faaip wrote:I used to use it but by the time you've typed out an intelligent response and spell checked it 10-15 more posts have been made
isn't that the same (or more of a problem) with the forum thread though? (not the number of posts, but other people can pretty much be writing the same thing at the same time)
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78985
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by The Subhuman »

Mort wrote:Twiggs has been conspicuous by his absence for quite some tine now :(

and from memory faaip, you were a fair bit quicker to respond than your post would suggest :)

apart from all that, it can be tricky to follow when there's a lot in (not that there has been lately unfortunately) but that and the inanity is a large part of its charm. And you needn't worry about spell checking your posts - the spelling police have been banned! (I'm probably the worst for mis-spalling)

Mort, the amounts of posts I deleted because the thread had moved on far outnumber the ones I actually got in. I'm not a stickler for spelling but I get annoyed when I hit the wrong key or mis-out letters
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78985
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by The Subhuman »

LUFCRACE wrote:
isn't that the same (or more of a problem) with the forum thread though? (not the number of posts, but other people can pretty much be writing the same thing at the same time)

you have the quote button to answer directly and a warning if someone has also posted ...I'm not saying there's no place for a chat room just offering up an opinion as to why numbers are dwindling..the match day thread here, when it works, is far superior
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by LUFCRACE »

faaip wrote:the match day thread here, when it works, is far superior
In your opinion.
While the match day thread has got busier on here recently, I doubt that is why numbers are dwindling, it isn't THAT busy. At it's peak, VLR has attracted 40+ people, and has regularly attracted around 30 in the past. I think it more likely people have dropped off because of the shocking football we've had to put up with.

Like I say, there is a place for both, people can use whichever (or both) if they want to, I just wanted to reminded people that we have the alternative.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78985
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by The Subhuman »

I didn't say the MDT was responsible for dwindling numbers. I just said it was superior to the chat room and of course that's a personal opinion.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by LUFCRACE »

faaip wrote:I didn't say the MDT was responsible for dwindling numbers. I just said it was superior to the chat room and of course that's a personal opinion.
No, but you suggested it as a reason, and I gave you my own opinion on why I thought it might not be a reason, I didn't say you were wrong. Isn't this what discussion is?
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78985
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by The Subhuman »

LUFCRACE wrote:
No, but you suggested it as a reason, and I gave you my own opinion on why I thought it might not be a reason, I didn't say you were wrong. Isn't this what discussion is?

It may have looked that way but suggestion was not my intent. I don't think it is a reason where numbers are dwindling
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by LUFCRACE »

faaip wrote:

It may have looked that way but suggestion was not my intent. I don't think it is a reason where numbers are dwindling
Ok. To be honest, it doesn't really matter why.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15029
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by YorkshireSquare »

LUFCRACE wrote:
Ok. To be honest, it doesn't really matter why.
I think the dwindling numbers in both VLR and the match day thread are down to the popularity of this thread.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by 1964white »

My preference is for our Matchday thread if i'm not at a game.

What i don't get is why go into another chat forum when we already have one of our own on MOT ? It would be like me owning a sweet shop & going to the competition three doors away & buying my sweets there !
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:My preference is for our Matchday thread if i'm not at a game.

What i don't get is why go into another chat forum when we already have one of our own on MOT ? It would be like me owning a sweet shop & going to the competition three doors away & buying my sweets there !
It's not the same thing at all lol

My preference is VLR. It's more fun. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:
It's not the same thing at all lol

My preference is VLR. It's more fun. :bear:
Why is it not the same thing young lady ?

Next time i'm not at a game i'll ditch MOT & enjoy the company of another forum :wink:
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by becchio bear »

It's hardly ditching MOT :roll: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:It's hardly ditching MOT :roll: :bear:
We beg to differ young lady.

Carry on enjoying your matchday experience :tup:
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - Match day chatroom

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:
We beg to differ young lady.

Carry on enjoying your matchday experience :tup:
I will do .... in the company of fellow MOTers, Anna, Harry, Ronan, Mort, Leedsboy etc etc :-D :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Post Reply