Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
Been watching this on Sky, I agree with faaip that this was an absolutely appalling display of refereeing. Brentford player gets yellow carded, fouls again and it is ignored as ref knows he would be off. Ayling gets yellow carded, fouls again and ref gives the second yellow so it's off for him
Brentford player fouls two of ours straight after each other..... nothing, not a talking to not a yellow, nothing!! Don't get me started on the penalty that never was. Even Sky who initially said it was a def pen must have been watching replays and then straight after they scored they showed it repeatedly and said Brentford player was going down before BFP touched him and said it was def NOT a penalty. Would have loved for the game to have been stopped and an announcement made rescinding the pen and red carding that diving ba***rd for simulation!! Not to mention one of their subs head butting Alioski as he went to retrieve the ball from their dug out
Jansson's post match interview was brill though, told Sky it was s**t and accused the ref of robbery. The Football League certainly is corrupt
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
Alio absolutely brilliant today at left wing back, crucial intervention when 3 on 1, calm in defence, always played the right pass, crossed well all day tbf and a couple of laser passes late that caused problems ...never stopped running and drags this team up by the shirt collar when we sag. Has to start, would rather see him on the right especially wen Pablo is out but still a bit of a tallisman for us
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
pembswhite
- Youth Team

- Posts: 162
- Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:08 am
- Location: Pembrokeshire
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20750
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
Just watched the interview with Jansson again....it's given the football league a stick to beat Leeds Utd with again. Silly boy. He's frustrated I know, but this could lead to repercussions!
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
I agree. I like Alioski, I have from the start. He gets some right stick from fans and Noel Whelan on Radio Leeds. I joined a fb group All Leeds Aren't We and a lot of folk on there have a right downer on himfaaip wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:39 pm Alio absolutely brilliant today at left wing back, crucial intervention when 3 on 1, calm in defence, always played the right pass, crossed well all day tbf and a couple of laser passes late that caused problems ...never stopped running and drags this team up by the shirt collar when we sag. Has to start, would rather see him on the right especially wen Pablo is out but still a bit of a tallisman for us
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
-
pembswhite
- Youth Team

- Posts: 162
- Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:08 am
- Location: Pembrokeshire
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
Just looked ref up - he's from Lancs !!!!
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
I hope not. He said what the majority of us were thinking. That referee was an absolute disgrace
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
I'm happy he spoke his mind, FL needs to rethink bad refs and cheating players...still wanna hear what he said
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- LUFC_BOS
- Youth Team

- Posts: 249
- Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:54 pm
- Location: Boston , Massachusetts, USA
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
Look forward to reading everyone's thoughts on this game. Great recap by faaip, I am disappointed as I think without the Brentford Ref's intervention, we could have nicked this game.
Good to see Clarke have a run out, did think Roberts did made a nuisance of himself for their defence. MB made good tactical changes and our late game fitness makes a big difference.
ESPN, cut Pj's interview just as he called the ref out so missed that.
Good to see Clarke have a run out, did think Roberts did made a nuisance of himself for their defence. MB made good tactical changes and our late game fitness makes a big difference.
ESPN, cut Pj's interview just as he called the ref out so missed that.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41709
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
Rep- what are you feelings after that late goal.
Jansson- no nothing i feel s**t tbf.
Rep - mind your language.
Jansson- i dont care, this is a robbery from the ref.
Rep- your not happy with the ref.
Jansson- you think i should be, no chance.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
How was PJ not man of the match anyway
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
Cheers, not as bad as I thought it would be
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
Nice, stunning area...I guessed that it was Pembrokeshire but it could have been a Leeds suburb I've never heard of. I'm a southerner born and raised.pembswhite wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:40 pm Hi faaip
Pembs is short for Pembrokeshire south west Wales -not the furthest from Leeds on this forum by any means but still a far distance !
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
You must be buzzin' after that Alio performance.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
Newport white
- Youth Team

- Posts: 164
- Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:31 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
Said in the week I would settle for a point considering our injuries, some positives to come out of this besides our spirit is Alioski is a better full back than winger, looked a lot better with Harrison in front of him, Baker looks a threat going forward as he did at Swansea, Forshaw looked more up to speed, Clarke didn’t look out of place and in my view Ayling missing the next game could be a blessing as young Shackleton is capable of taking on the right back position, if not Beradi is an upgrade on Ayling who has been poor lately, all in all very satisfactory
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
Bonus point for Pontus for the post match interview
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
5 players out - and we still found an extra gear to make Brentford (one of the top rated teams in this division) look second rate and resort to gamesmanship....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41709
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
I am
Best left back we have.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20750
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
I hope not as well bb, it's just that the EFL don't need any excuse to get down on Leeds United.becchio bear wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:47 pm I hope not. He said what the majority of us were thinking. That referee was an absolute disgrace![]()
![]()
And I totally agree about the ref.....utterly useless!
- Ratscoot
- Manager

- Posts: 4221
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread
I try not to throw blame at a ref as it’s a bloody hard job and one I’d definately not do but oh my god Simpson (possible Homer relation) was most definitely the worse referee I can remember taking a game at Elland Road, he should be forced to watch the game back and try to justify those awful decisions
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't