Unbelievable Jeff wrote:Amen to that but isn't it bloody amazing how teams seem to hit top form again when they play us...
Wouldn't say they hit top form, not against a team with no midfield and defenders that have been pulled halfway into the opposition half. Most teams have probably loved playing us this season .
I honestly have no idea how this one will play out. In my opinion, it's a bit of a free hit for Marsch and the team, as they really have not had time to do too much work. I'll be happy if we look competitive no matter the result, and delighted with a draw and obviously a win I'd be ecstatic about.
As for the team, I do think Raphinha will look a better player than recently (stays in my FPL team), and perhaps Rodrigo too if he plays in his more natural position. However midfield may still be a weak link and defence looks a bit shaky with the reported potential absentees.
I will not be in the least bit surprised if we are set up very defensively tomorrow. I also expect our possession stats to change dramatically. Personally, it would make sense to park the bus and try and catch them on the break.
I wouldn’t play Firpo, Harrison or Klich. From a defensive perspective I believe these are our weakest links, in terms of giving the ball away and losing concentration, albeit I recognise that each of them has had the odd decent game.
I would play Dallas consistently at LB and start using Bate in midfield. The boy will grow quickly and be a huge asset. We need players to be brave and smart with the ball from here on in.
Ken Pow wrote: ↑Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:21 pm
Another midnight kick off for me, but excited to see the line-up and how it will perform. Just feeling positive feels better than recent weeks.
Let's hope we're all left feeling the same way we were after Berts first game V Stoke.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
A win would be great, Leicester are having a poor season, new manager bounce and all that. But a draw would do.
Just, please please, no parking the bus. It's been a bad week anyway losing a great manager, to close the door on all we've seen over the last few years...no.
I've got a good feeling we're gonna hear a lot of support for Bert from the travelling.
I hope you join in 64.........."Marcelo Bielsa"........"Marcelo Bielsa".........from the 1st minute to the last, winning or losing.
Would make my day.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Mountain wrote: ↑Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:07 am
A win would be great, Leicester are having a poor season, new manager bounce and all that. But a draw would do.
Just, please please, no parking the bus. It's been a bad week anyway losing a great manager, to close the door on all we've seen over the last few years...no.
I don't think Marsch will park the bus although if we can acquire points by any means I'll be happy, firstly we need to stay in the PL & work on our style next season
I think we might will sneak a win here , three points will make a big difference and will boost their confidence with two very winnable games too follow things could look a lot better
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
Mountain wrote: ↑Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:07 am
A win would be great, Leicester are having a poor season, new manager bounce and all that. But a draw would do.
Just, please please, no parking the bus. It's been a bad week anyway losing a great manager, to close the door on all we've seen over the last few years...no.
I disagree entirely - away from home let’s just try and get something out of the game. Play smarter and go for the sucker punch. If Marsch can introduce just one improvement before the end of the season it will be to tighten up at the back.
I wouldn’t like to see us park the bus at home but the priority right now is safety rather than entertainment. I hate turgid football and I would never have expected Bielsa to play on the back foot but perhaps we need a sense of pragmatism to get us to the end of this season.
He can bring his philosophy and brand during the summer.
1964white wrote: ↑Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:59 am
We'll give Marcelo a fans send off today & at our home matches next week, Kenny.
I sing my heart out at Leeds games
I love it!...I was born in 64 and can picture you now, I'll be watching at 7.30pm here in Asia tonight, iill be with you all the way, ALL THE BEST !!
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)