Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Post by 1964white »

Kem makes it 2-2

Robbie Keane hits the post to deny the World XI the lead
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:10 pm When I'm on my bike (which is rare) I wish they would ban motorists...
When im in my car I wish they would ban cyclists....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Post by 1964white »

velo wrote: ↑Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:15 pm How many time do you attempt to run a motorist off the road?

I had 4 today that skimmed me, one was that close I broke his/her mirror
I always indicate & give plenty of space to cyclists when passing them.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Post by 1964white »

England can't even win this tournament.

Penalty shoot-out

World XI win 4-1 (three atrocious pens)

And they got the MOTM wrong.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20763
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Post by whiteswan »

velo wrote: ↑Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:15 pm How many time do you attempt to run a motorist off the road?

I had 4 today that skimmed me, one was that close I broke his/her mirror
Some cyclists on main roads can be a nuisance. Not to mention dangerous. No signalling, just pull over in front and expect the car driver to be clairvoyant. They are not as a courteous road user as you appear to be, Velo. You cannot speak for all cyclists or all motorists.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20763
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:36 pm I always indicate & give plenty of space to cyclists when passing them.
As do I try to do 64. On our very narrow country lanes (very narrow as you can testify Leon), if a cyclist or jogger, who I find to be as much of a nuisance as a cyclist is coming towards me I stop my car and allow them to pass me in their own time and space without having to negotiate a moving vehicle....
I'm more than happy to do that but get annoyed when cyclists hog the road, don't give a dam and won't let me pass safely.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20763
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:00 pm England can't even win this tournament.

Penalty shoot-out

World XI win 4-1 (three atrocious pens)

And they got the MOTM wrong.
To be fair it was all good fun. I loved the fact that Vickie McLure and Robbie Williams not to mention Harry Redknapp were so hyped up on the touchline, it really meant a lot to everyone. I really enjoyed it :)

I thought Robbie was brilliant at half time by the way...
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14656
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Post by hector »

If England had Jane McDonut in goal they would have won......

there would not have been room for the ball to get past her

:mrgreen:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:22 pm As do I try to do 64. On our very narrow country lanes (very narrow as you can testify Leon), if a cyclist or jogger, who I find to be as much of a nuisance as a cyclist is coming towards me I stop my car and allow them to pass me in their own time and space without having to negotiate a moving vehicle....
I'm more than happy to do that but get annoyed when cyclists hog the road, don't give a dam and won't let me pass safely.
Same problem here on our narrow country lanes, very dangerous hogging the whole road especially on blind bends.

The kids riding the bikes are the worst, a few weeks ago when I was returning home about 9.30pm, four of them across the lane, two of them reading their mobiles with no lights on their bikes......crazy!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:26 pm To be fair it was all good fun. I loved the fact that Vickie McLure and Robbie Williams not to mention Harry Redknapp were so hyped up on the touchline, it really meant a lot to everyone. I really enjoyed it :)

I thought Robbie was brilliant at half time by the way...
I enjoyed the game too, Swannie.

Noah Beck playing for the World XI was easily the MOTM.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:43 am If England had Jane McDonut in goal they would have won......

there would not have been room for the ball to get past her

:mrgreen:
You should have seen the size of the World XI substitute goalie, he was huge.

He frightened the life out of an oncoming English forward when he came out of his box at snail pace to clear his lines, the funniest moment of the game, imo :lol:
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: Soccer Aid for Unicef - England v World XI

Post by velo »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:16 pm Some cyclists on main roads can be a nuisance. Not to mention dangerous. No signalling just pull over in front and expect the car driver to be clairvoyant. They are not as a courteous road user as you appear to be Velo. You cannot speak for all cyclists or all motorists.
Exactly Swannie, we all tend to generalise groups, there are some proper knob heads that ride bike, I don't class them as cyclists, they are simply twat that ride bikes, I was having the same conversation with a mate of mine, he lives in Surrey, neither of us ride with anyone else as the standard of riding nowadays is appalling, I guess we are just GOF's
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Post Reply