Jammy 07 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 01, 2024 3:23 pm
It's fairly proven that if we can get in front then Piroe is highly effective at coming on against teams that are having to leave gaps at the back.
Plus we desperately need a more aggressive frontman who can constantly press the opposition goalkeeper and back four into mistakes. We nearly scored yesterday from a couple of those errors and it's likely we could have forced even more opportunities had Joseph been leading the line.
I am not sure using Piroe as a super sub would be good for squad harmony. If his role is to come on with 30 mins to go and score goals it will not keep the lad happy, everyone wants to start.
Personally I would always start Joseph against the physical teams (West Brom, Millwall, PNE etc, as he has no qualms about putting himself about and doing the nasty stuff. Piroe for me has a more relaxed analytical demeanour.
I was surprised DF started Piroe against Blackburn. They both need regular starts for me to get the best out of them.
DDB220 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 01, 2024 10:30 pm
I am not sure using Piroe as a super sub would be good for squad harmony. If his role is to come on with 30 mins to go and score goals it will not keep the lad happy, everyone wants to start.
Personally I would always start Joseph against the physical teams (West Brom, Millwall, PNE etc, as he has no qualms about putting himself about and doing the nasty stuff. Piroe for me has a more relaxed analytical demeanour.
I was surprised DF started Piroe against Blackburn. They both need regular starts for me to get the best out of them.
When we've had 3 games in a week, Farke has usually rotated the strikers for one game. My thought going into the week would be that Joseph would start one of the 3. I bet that would have been Farke's plan. Then Piroe had one of his best games against Luton, which probably swayed Farke's decision for the Blackburn game.
andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Mon Dec 02, 2024 12:34 am
When we've had 3 games in a week, Farke has usually rotated the strikers for one game. My thought going into the week would be that Joseph would start one of the 3. I bet that would have been Farke's plan. Then Piroe had one of his best games against Luton, which probably swayed Farke's decision for the Blackburn game.
Makes me cross!
Piroe turns up when he wants.
In one of our recent away games, Piroe realised he was about to be subbed, he decided to become more involved showing his best skills of the match, prior to going off.
1964white wrote: ↑Mon Dec 02, 2024 7:53 am
Makes me cross!
Piroe turns up when he wants.
In one of our recent away games, Piroe realised he was about to be subbed, he decided to become more involved showing his best skills of the match, prior to going off.
I know the incident you're talking about and I didn't quite read it the same way.
At that point we were in need of a goal. I think Farke was bringing on Joseph and the plan would have been to move back to the 10 to make us more attacking. We scored before the subs were made and I think only then did Farke change his mind and bring Piroe off instead.
I might be wrong on that it was just my read to what seemed to be happening at the time. But I am heavily inclined to agree that "Piroe only shows up when he wants." I hear the arguments that he gets in positions and doesn't get the service. But when Piroe has a good game, you notice. He's part of the link up play. He's receiving the ball down the wings. When he has a bad day, he is doing none of that stuff.
Leeds United have had a sub score in three consecutive home games (Piroe vs QPR, James vs Luton, Wober vs Derby) for the first time since April/May 2010 (Becchio vs Southend, Beckford vs MK Dons, Howson vs Bristol Rovers)
weasel wrote: ↑Tue Feb 18, 2025 6:01 pm
And yet some still say our squad is weaker than last season. We wouldn't have got where we are today without having squad options.
1964white wrote: ↑Tue Feb 18, 2025 6:43 pm
Most balanced squad we've had in years.
The subs negative stat has truly withered on the vine along with Farke’s suggested inability to make effective substitutions. The 70th minute issue is all that is left. I am sure more mileage in that one for some.
DDB220 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 18, 2025 11:11 pm
The subs negative stat has truly withered on the vine along with Farke’s suggested inability to make effective substitutions. The 70th minute issue is all that is left. I am sure more mileage in that one for some.
DDB220 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 18, 2025 11:11 pm
The subs negative stat has truly withered on the vine along with Farke’s suggested inability to make effective substitutions. The 70th minute issue is all that is left. I am sure more mileage in that one for some.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
weasel wrote: ↑Tue Feb 18, 2025 6:01 pm
And yet some still say our squad is weaker than last season. We wouldn't have got where we are today without having squad options.
I would say its being used better to his credit.
But the fact multiple members of our promotion rivals use players we barely did last season shows it isn't a case of stronger squad.
Interestingly we have worse ppg from October 1st to now when the season apparently starts than we did last season in what consensus is a weaker league.
1964white wrote: ↑Sun Mar 30, 2025 9:41 pm
Gnonto scores our 15th goal off the bench against Swansea.
Shows the ridiculous level of Championship squad DF has been given tbf
£25mil Welsh International
Italian International who we rejected £20mil offers for.
£14mil proven Championship goalscorer
£10mil Austrian International
Not having to bring Tyler Roberts and Jamie Shackleton on