Finnatic wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:42 am
Ipswich win then
Well, several on here think the tractor boys are the latest world beaters.
Benjamin Bloom an ardent Ipswich fan reckons they are a decent side, I think he predicted a 2-2 draw.
I believe it depends on our team selection today, if Piroe & any two of Sinisterra, Summerville & Gnonto starts, we should be capable of our first victory of the season.
All four of those I've named are an improvement on Gelhardt, Rutter & Poveda.
weasel wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:27 am
I do yes, similar to Cresswell keepinmg his place after Rodon signed and then after a week at Leeds Rodon started.
Why give the Ipswich back-four an easy time? Rutter is not even a No.9.
Piroe has had a full pre-season, played four games for Swansea & is fit & raring to go, our new signing will instinctively be on the end of crosses & is also more likely to shoot on target than Georginino.
I tend to agree with people who say this game may be just a bit too early for a win over a team that's top of the league and playing with confidence and at home.
I believe we can give a good account of ourselves once again and if we do that then who knows. But i still see this as another step towards us starting to get into our stride considering what's been going on lately.
1964white wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:35 am
Well, several on here think the tractor boys are the latest world beaters.
Benjamin Bloom an ardent Ipswich fan reckons they are a decent side, I think he predicted a 2-2 draw.
I believe it depends on our team selection today, if Piroe & any two of Sinisterra, Summerville & Gnonto starts, we should be capable of our first victory of the season.
All four of those I've named are an improvement on Gelhardt, Rutter & Poveda.
They aren't world beaters but they are a decent side in good form with momentum behind them.
Start with out best 11, and see were that gets us. If that means starting Piroe along with either Willy, Sini or Summerville then why not.
Might as well give it a blast and see what comes of it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.
1964white wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:50 am
The last time I was at Portman Road.
We really screwed up, beaten by ten men
That was one of those games where it is hard watching it back to comprehend how we didn’t win. Very similar to the Wigan loss at home. The keeping, defending for their 3rd goal is a comedy of errors.
DDB220 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:11 am
That was one of those games where it is hard watching it back to comprehend how we didn’t win. Very similar to the Wigan loss at home. The keeping, defending for their 3rd goal is a comedy of errors.
The defending for all three goals was horrible.
I know Ayling was involved, but to be fair he created two goals, a penalty & a missed chance in that two minute clip, the only decent full-back in many seasons.
Awful penalty from Roofe.
I spent my the afternoon with my head in my hands the evening made up for that fiasco, as it was the first time Mrs 64 & I met Swannie & had a delicious meal at her local village pub.
GreennWhite wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:10 am
Start with out best 11, and see were that gets us. If that means starting Piroe along with either Willy, Sini or Summerville then why not.
Might as well give it a blast and see what comes of it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.
Totally agree Greenn we've already chucked seven points away starting with a scratch team.
weasel wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:27 am
I do yes, similar to Cresswell keepinmg his place after Rodon signed and then after a week at Leeds Rodon started.
Positionally different, there's a couple of key contra indicators why he should start Piroe when he didn't start Rodon. Central defence needs some aspect of familiarity with your partner, a week in training helped that. Plus Cresswell is a good proven CB at this level.
Strikers need less in the way of acclimatization as the position is more instinctual and Rutter is struggling badly in the role
Must be a 50/50 toss up I'd have thought
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
weasel wrote: ↑Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:31 pm
I think it will be the same starting line-up as v WBA. Farke showed with Rodon that he prefers to give a new signing a week to get to know new teammates and his system before he plays them. By selecting the same line-up it also says to Sini and WG that they aren't as vital to us as they think they are and they can't simply waltz back into the team (or any other dance you prefer, an exqusite merengue would be my choice).
The only changes for me would be down to injuries such as WG/LS coming in for Dan James. Having the other players on the bench also gives us 3 potential match changers to bring on - a few cry from the last 2 games.
I think Piroe if cleared will start, and Sini in for DJ if DJ has a knock.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)