Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Leeds United v Brighton & Hove Albion
Leeds United
Leeds United
1–0
Premier League
17/05/2026
Elland Road
Brighton & Hove Albion
Brighton & Hove Albion
All-time record vs Brighton & Hove Albion
54
Played
19
Won
15
Drawn
20
Lost
-4
GD
35%
Win %
Home record at Elland Road
26
Played
12
Won
8
Drawn
6
Lost
+10
GD
46%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
01/11/2025 American Express Stadium 3–0 L Premier League ↗
11/03/2023 Elland Road 2–2 D Premier League ↗
27/08/2022 American Express Stadium 1–0 L Premier League ↗
15/05/2022 Elland Road 1–1 D Premier League ↗
27/11/2021 American Express Stadium 0–0 D Premier League ↗
All-time top scorers vs Brighton & Hove Albion
#PlayerGoals
1 Ian Baird 5
2 Ross McCormack 3
3 Jermaine Beckford 3
4 John Sheridan 2
5 Chris Wood 2
Starting XI
Substitutes
Unused Substitutes
1 Perri
65 Lienou
51 Cresswell
47 Chadwick
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by Sean_Nile »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 8:27 pm I'm not confident I'm absolutely certain.

Never even checked it really (as was just a general comment).

But I know for a fact Beto didn't play 1000+ minutes in cup competitions and that's all I need to know to know it's wrong.
COMPARISON OF Beto and Calvert-Lewin

https://www.sofascore.com/football/play ... ll,overall
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by Orange Box »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 8:29 pm Your left or my left ...
And therein lies the mystery…
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79120
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 8:40 pm And therein lies the mystery…
Exactly
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41751
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

Sean_Nile wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 8:34 pm COMPARISON OF Beto and Calvert-Lewin

https://www.sofascore.com/football/play ... ll,overall
Ok?

What am I meant to do with that information :lol:

I said it was wrong and it was.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4519
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

I got in late last night and didn't wake up in time for our 7am kickoff. Trust me, if this game had truly mattered, I'd have gotten my ass out of bed. Fortunately I didn't have to. :roflmao:

From the sound of it we stole 3 points from Brighton. I saw the replay of DCL's goal and it was theft of the highest order. And I'd call that a GREAT result! Kinda makes up for some of matches where we dropped points late.

As for the rest of this thread, for once I'm going to stay out of it. 8-)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 8:41 pm I got in late last night and didn't wake up in time for our 7am kickoff. Trust me, if this game had truly mattered, I'd have gotten my ass out of bed. Fortunately I didn't have to. :roflmao:

From the sound of it we stole 3 points from Brighton. I saw the replay of DCL's goal and it was theft of the highest order. And I'd call that a GREAT result! Kinda makes up for some of matches where we dropped points late.

As for the rest of this thread, for once I'm going to stay out of it. 8-)
Good anticipation, pace & a never give up attitude from Calvert-Lewin won us the game in the end.

He deserved his goal as he never stops running & pressing up top, and is also very competent defending set-pieces too.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Not sure what the point of the Beto-DCL comparison is?
Different teams/set up/manager.
Goals per minutes is a little too narrow a view to me.
Far more to it than that.
And we are 2 points behind Everton with what some people regard as a top class PL manager in charge.
And Farke might be leaving 🤔
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19705
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by weasel »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 8:41 pm I got in late last night and didn't wake up in time for our 7am kickoff. Trust me, if this game had truly mattered, I'd have gotten my ass out of bed. Fortunately I didn't have to. :roflmao:

From the sound of it we stole 3 points from Brighton. I saw the replay of DCL's goal and it was theft of the highest order. And I'd call that a GREAT result! Kinda makes up for some of matches where we dropped points late.

As for the rest of this thread, for once I'm going to stay out of it. 8-)
To be honest it wasn't like Brighton created much. A couple of swerving shots that Darlow did well to save, but it was just the amount of swerve rather than them cutting us open. Dan James and Piroe were unlucky for us with efforts just wide. So not completely one sided but yeah Brighton looked more likely to win.

Strange that an American doesn't want to wade in to a dispute that doesn't really affect them....... :P
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19705
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by weasel »

https://www.sofascore.com/football/play ... ll,overall

DCL v Strand-Larsen

Think we've got a good one tbh. Also seems to 'get' the club and work hard for the club - those defensive clearances of late being very important.

Easy to knock our players but I think they've done fanatastic, even ones who haven't had many minutes, Bornauw, Longstaff etc have played their part in a very good season.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41751
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 9:01 pm Not sure what the point of the Beto-DCL comparison is?
Different teams/set up/manager.
Goals per minutes is a little too narrow a view to me.
Far more to it than that.
And we are 2 points behind Everton with what some people regard as a top class PL manager in charge.
And Farke might be leaving 🤔
Someone dared to not just follow the MOTforum party line with absolute accuracy.

Not allowed on here and has to be made a drama if independent thought dares arise.

That's all
Last edited by Cjay on Sun May 17, 2026 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
the squirrel
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2025 11:07 am

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by the squirrel »

We can still finish above Chelsea!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 9:26 pm https://www.sofascore.com/football/play ... ll,overall

DCL v Strand-Larsen

Think we've got a good one tbh. Also seems to 'get' the club and work hard for the club - those defensive clearances of late being very important.

Easy to knock our players but I think they've done fanatastic, even ones who haven't had many minutes, Bornauw, Longstaff etc have played their part in a very good season.
Thank god we didn't sign Strand-Larsen, I've never rated him.

We can do better for a lot less, we already have!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

the squirrel wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 9:55 pm We can still finish above Chelsea!
Now that would be incredible. :-D
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79120
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 10:10 pm Thank god we didn't sign Strand-Larsen, I've never rated him.

We can do better for a lot less, we already have!
I do rate Strand Larson ...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23144
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 5:07 pm I do apologise

Stating the truth is "negative".

As for the question I've no idea.

Do we miss Solomon or Rutter or Cresswell or Summerville?
Of course :love:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23144
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 10:10 pm Thank god we didn't sign Strand-Larsen, I've never rated him.

We can do better for a lot less, we already have!
Give Harry Gray a chance and he'll be worth a lot more than JSL
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23144
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

Newcastle play Fulham, so probably better for us for Newcastle to win. A draw would mean we'd need to win by 4 goals to catch Newcastle, which is unlikely.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 10:36 pm Give Harry Gray a chance and he'll be worth a lot more than JSL
Hopefully, SG.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun May 17, 2026 10:35 pm I do rate Strand Larson ...
Why?
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9751
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Leeds vs Brighton Match Thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

I’m going to love reading this thread tomorrow when I can see again 👁️👁️
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply