whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 4:23 pm
Stats have become a silly obsession for most commentators and presenters Leon.
Very rarely do we actually get a game properly commentated on.
Brian Moor was another good 'un.
Moore, Coleman, Motson, Davies & Yorkshire finest Keith Macklin were different class in comparison to these two clowns.
whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 4:23 pm
Stats have become a silly obsession for most commentators and presenters Leon.
Very rarely do we actually get a game properly commentated on.
Brian Moor was another good 'un.
A dying art Swannie, when you think back to Coleman, Motson, etc.
I still have Coleman's 1-0 ringing in my ears from when Clarkey scored in the FA Cup final.
That's all he said, not all this verbal diarrhea gibberish.
White Riot wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 3:45 pm
It's been a brilliant season for English football, with Villa and Palace both winning trophies in fine style.
I'm really hoping that Arsenal can complete the hat-trick and win the Champions League.
I'm very jealous that we haven't had these experiences at Leeds for decades, and hope the great times will return.
It would be churlish to not cheer on the Gunners, so come on Arsenal
Agreed, cmon Arsenal
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 4:23 pm
Stats have become a silly obsession for most commentators and presenters Leon.
Very rarely do we actually get a game properly commentated on.
Brian Moor was another good 'un.
And some posters on here
too
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
White Riot wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 4:41 pm
A dying art Swannie, when you think back to Coleman, Motson, etc.
I still have Coleman's 1-0 ringing in my ears from when Clarkey scored in the FA Cup final.
That's all he said, not all this verbal diarrhea gibberish.
I remember that Coleman comment as well James. Magical.
Also whilst watching Liddypool v Scum in our title winning season '92, with scum needing to win to stop us, Brian Moore comments on a tackle -"Robson, that changes everything"....it didn't and we were crowned champions later that day but that comment has stuck with me, because we pipped scum to the title I suppose.
whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 4:51 pm
I remember that Coleman comment as well James. Magical.
Also whilst watching Liddypool v Scum in our title winning season '92, with scum needing to win to stop us, Brian Moore comments on a tackle -"Robson, that changes everything"....it didn't and we were crowned champions later that day but that comment has stuck with me, because we pipped scum to the title I suppose.
Aye, funny how these things stick in your mind.
I remember Gary Pallister got a really nasty injury in that match, and there was blood pouring out of his boot from a punctured artery.
Coleman's 1-0 was his signature, and we'd all be shouting that as kids when having a kick about on the village green. Played cricket all summer and then football the rest of the year.
1964white wrote: ↑Sat May 30, 2026 5:05 pm
Havertz's touch & control in Arsenal's build-up was delightful & then ran into the box culminating with a class finish.
Good players and strong personalities rise to the occasion Leon.
This game reminds me of us in the Championship chasing games.
' "Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa