Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
Post Reply
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15029
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

News Article Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by YorkshireSquare »



"Blue, yellow and white, A football in a Yorkshire rose, The words Leeds United AFC, We'll follow wherever you go."

Those colours, those words, will feel more relevant than they have in years when we walk out in next season's new away shirt. Following the recent trend of retro away kits, Leeds turn to another fan favourite. Next season we will once again wear the football in a Yorkshire rose on our chests, on a yellow away shirt inspired by those of the late eighties and early nineties, shirts that saw us win promotion back to the top-flight and clinch the First Division title under Howard Wilkinson.

Strachan, Speed, McAllister, Chapman, legends striding across the country in yellow with blue and white detail, the football in a Yorkshire rose on their chests. By the time those shirts were hung up for the last time, Leeds United were champions of England. It is little wonder supporters have held that era and that badge so close to their hearts for over thirty years, and it is little wonder Adidas have gone back to find it.





The new shirt recreates that old crest faithfully, the classic football resting within a Yorkshire rose, the words Leeds United AFC, curved beneath it. Simple. Proud. Unmistakable. The retro Adidas Trefoil makes its debut on a Leeds United shirt too, a first in the club's partnership with the German manufacturer, a detail that takes that retro look one step further.

As work begins on the redevelopment of the West Stand this week, Leeds United are looking to the future but it feels fitting that they are also looking back. Last year's away shirt celebrated the 2001-03 design and the European nights that came with it. The year before paid tribute to the smiley badge. Each one has been a statement of identity, a reminder of what this club is and where it comes from. This season we pay tribute to the last champions of England.

Blue, yellow and white. A football in a Yorkshire rose. The words Leeds United AFC.

The Leeds United 2026-27 away kit is available now.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by CUSSIE01 »

I saw that earlier YS & love it, that will look well in the stands. I don’t usually buy the new shirts as they’re such a rip off but that one’s a possibility.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Just :love:
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15029
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by YorkshireSquare »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 04, 2026 7:14 am I saw that earlier YS & love it, that will look well in the stands. I don’t usually buy the new shirts as they’re such a rip off but that one’s a possibility.

I mean it's woth it just for that badge!

Blue a little on the dark side if I'm being critical.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by CUSSIE01 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Thu Jun 04, 2026 7:29 am I mean it's woth it just for that badge!

Blue a little on the dark side if I'm being critical.
That was my first thought but it really sets the yellow off.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
Guest

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by Guest »

YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Thu Jun 04, 2026 7:29 am I mean it's woth it just for that badge!

Blue a little on the dark side if I'm being critical.
Yes, I think a lighter blue would have really made the shirt pop. A collar and button would have been nice too.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8780
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by Chilli D »

The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by Irish Ian »

Nice shirt, ill probably be tempted.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7491
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by Orange Box »

Me too, the only thing that’s putting me off is the wallpaper background.
User avatar
Evan R
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2025 2:38 am
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by Evan R »

Love it! Will make for a fine first Leeds kit for me. Now I am really glad I didn't end up getting last years...
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by whiteswan »

Love that badge. In 2020 I had a birthday cake made for my Mum's 90th. That badge completely covered the top of the cake...(in icing of course)...it was a big cake! Mum loved it.
I believe that Eddie chose that badge from a few designs when he was manager....that was according to the boss lady in the old wooden shop on ER.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18291
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by Muppet the Cat »

YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Thu Jun 04, 2026 7:29 am I mean it's woth it just for that badge!

Blue a little on the dark side if I'm being critical.
Agree, Adam...it looks almost black in the promo shots and I'm not sure the badge needs the very dark surround.

But having said that, still a nice shirt.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by Clacton White »

YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Thu Jun 04, 2026 7:29 am I mean it's woth it just for that badge!

Blue a little on the dark side if I'm being critical.
It looks black in the photos I have seen , must be a very dark blue 😁
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15029
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Blue, Yellow and White, A Football in a Yorkshire Rose

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Clacton White wrote: ↑Mon Jun 15, 2026 9:51 am It looks black in the photos I have seen , must be a very dark blue 😁

It is very dark but looks a lot bluer in real life than on the promo shots.
Post Reply