danhirons wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2026 12:28 pm
New GK (Darlow was fine anyway) + Wilson are the only real changes. What would suggest we'll do significantly better than last season? I didn't go for 17th by the way...
I think we'll massively struggle again this year but will be ok. We still lack a lot of creativity/strength up top - relying on DCL alone for another season is risky
Muharemovic is immense, costing us £34m & is an upgrade on Struijk. He is probably better than Rodon & Bijol, we'll see!
Also, the signing of Swiss international Elvedi, 73 caps & in three World Cup squads. I haven't seen him play yet but he could be an upgrade. Four class signings imo!
PhoenixUnited wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2026 2:05 pm
I am one that indicated 9th position. It's going to be a tough season don't get me wrong but I think we can better the 47 points of last season as I believe the squad will have gained from the experience of last season and we have imported a bit of better quality into the squad.
If Brentford & Brighton collected 53 points last season and finished 8th & 9th I reckon we can achieve that - that'swhat I'm hoping
CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2026 9:49 am
This will sound weird but I’m hoping we finish just outside the European places to give us another season to improve our squad, the likes of Palace, Forest & Spuds struggled to combine European & Premiership games last season.
Chances are that UEFA will soon have a European spot for every team in the Prem though.
Tend to agree.
Whilst I’d love to be back in Elland Road for those European Nights, we aren’t ready just yet.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Gone for 14th same as last.
All recruitment seems to be improving the goals against column as opposed to goals for.
Wonder what the odds are in us being involved in least total goals, for and against, in all 38 matches.
went for a slight improvement to 13th. some good signings to strengthen some areas but remain concerned about goal scoring. I'm usually pessimistic so hopefully if we can get into rhythm early on my concerns will be confounded.
I picked 12th position. Which is a reasonable, calm, and justifiable predication.
But in my heart, I could see us cutting down the losses and turning enough of those draws into wins to qualify for European Competition. That's based on talent yes, but more so on team chemistry. I like what I see!!
1964white wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2026 3:45 pm
Muharemovic is immense, costing us £34m & is an upgrade on Struijk. He is probably better than Rodon & Bijol, we'll see!
Also, the signing of Swiss international Elvedi, 73 caps & in three World Cup squads. I haven't seen him play yet but he could be an upgrade. Four class signings imo!
Watch this!
I'm not worried about the defence! We've barely strengthened in attack and we have such a lack of pace up top. We'll struggle to stay up if we end up scraping 0-0 draws every week. Let's see if we replace piroe though, I'd like delap
danhirons wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2026 10:45 pm
I'm not worried about the defence! We've barely strengthened in attack and we have such a lack of pace up top. We'll struggle to stay up if we end up scraping 0-0 draws every week. Let's see if we replace piroe though, I'd like delap
I'm sure Leeds are looking to make three more signings including a forward, Dan.
Delap is a great shout & would be a good fit well at Leeds.
1964white wrote: ↑Thu Aug 20, 2026 6:01 am
I'm sure Leeds are looking to make three more signings including a forward, Dan.
Delap is a great shout & would be a good fit well at Leeds.
Both Okafor & James have pace.
I would like Delap- Chelsea are currently valuing him at 50 million and he is part of their squad trimming list. I just sense the clubs like Palace who have not spent thus far are waiting for the price to drop as the window closes. Whether we can compete remains to be seen.
DDB220 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 20, 2026 6:23 am
I would like Delap- Chelsea are currently valuing him at 50 million and he is part of their squad trimming list. I just sense the clubs like Palace who have not spent thus far are waiting for the price to drop as the window closes. Whether we can compete remains to be seen.
Said it before when discussing Flemming. Expensive forward players like Delap coming in would only be to displace DCL not play alongside him or sit on the bench. It does not make sense considering how DF like to set his team up
Keep The Faith MOT WAL Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
PhoenixUnited wrote: ↑Thu Aug 20, 2026 6:58 am
Said it before when discussing Flemming. Expensive forward players like Delap coming in would only be to displace DCL not play alongside him or sit on the bench. It does not make sense considering how DF like to set his team up
And he’s not worth close to £50m.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
I went for 12th as we improved a lot in the 2nd half of last season, have looked good in preseason and have strengthened defensively.
The big challenge will still be in attack as Harry Wilson is the only change and we still lack creative players. And one of the few we have Gnonto does not look like he'll get much of a look in and if he does it will be at wing back.
I'm happy with DCL and Nmecha and don't think Delap is an upgrade on them. I think we need a different type of forward to replace Piroe.
PhoenixUnited wrote: ↑Thu Aug 20, 2026 6:58 am
Said it before when discussing Flemming. Expensive forward players like Delap coming in would only be to displace DCL not play alongside him or sit on the bench. It does not make sense considering how DF like to set his team up
Not really he would get plenty of game time, I think as a club we would appeal to him. He is young and ambitious enough to know that he has to perform to be first choice.
8th looked at teams we can finish higher than & there are a few.
We weren’t that far points wise of finishing higher last season.
Very happy with ins and outs so far for this season but we need another striker.