Brentford pre match chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
Location: Santa Monica, USA

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by Lumiukko »

Irish Ian wrote: ↑Wed Aug 26, 2026 5:34 pm Tricky test for Leeds this week against a free scoring Brentford side managed by Leeds fans arch pundit enemy Keef Andrews

Keef cut his teef on defending set pieces so Leeds will encounter a side well schooled in the art of the low block.

Despite the last encounter producing a mind numbing 0-0 somehow Sky tv still rate this game worthy of rescheduling to ensure our Sunday afternoon slumber will not be interrupted by anything slightly resembling a football match.

Cant wait :)
God I hope they don't play the low block and we have a relatively open game. Those games last season against them were dreadful affairs.
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4514
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Brentford is a good side. But I wouldn't put too much into their wins. They beat a heavily rotated Spurs at home. And then went and beat Championship side Birmingham in a cup match on the road. These were not wholly unexpected results in either match.

I expect Leeds to give Brentford an extremely difficult match at Elland Road on Sunday. And I think Leeds will take all three points! 8-)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Wed Aug 26, 2026 5:41 pm No, Mrs OB wouldn’t be able to see when people stand up (due to limited tallness) so we’re all in the East Stand. My son is in corporate, only way he could get a ticket.
I'm with Mrs OB. Always used to happen to me in the kop as a teenager. I'd be there at my lovely spot at 1pm and at 2.55 some tall git wouid arrive and plonk himself in front of me. So, seating in the West stand it was for me after years of that. Now though, I'm corporate or nothing. I like my comforts in my older years :)
User avatar
Johnthewhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by Johnthewhite »

:crossed:
BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Wed Aug 26, 2026 6:30 pm Brentford is a good side. But I wouldn't put too much into their wins. They beat a heavily rotated Spurs at home. And then went and beat Championship side Birmingham in a cup match on the road. These were not wholly unexpected results in either match.

I expect Leeds to give Brentford an extremely difficult match at Elland Road on Sunday. And I think Leeds will take all three points! 8-)
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7493
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Wed Aug 26, 2026 6:44 pm I'm with Mrs OB. Always used to happen to me in the kop as a teenager. I'd be there at my lovely spot at 1pm and at 2.55 some tall git wouid arrive and plonk himself in front of me. So, seating in the West stand it was for me after years of that. Now though, I'm corporate or nothing. I like my comforts in my older years :)
Sorry.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Wed Aug 26, 2026 12:09 pm Season Ticket downloaded, looking forward to it.

Have we got a few from here going on Sunday?
I'm missing our first home game in a very long time, as we are travelling up to Seahouses on Sunday.

Thank you the World Cup & SKY TV.
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7493
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed Aug 26, 2026 8:40 pm I'm missing our first home game in a very long time, as we are travelling up to Seahouses on Sunday.

Thank you the World Cup & SKY TV.
Oh no! It’s the only reason Mrs OB is going, to see the wonderful 64.

Hector, over to you…
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11769
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by Barlow Boy »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Wed Aug 26, 2026 5:41 pm No, Mrs OB wouldn’t be able to see when people stand up (due to limited tallness) so we’re all in the East Stand. My son is in corporate, only way he could get a ticket.
Enjoy mate, I’ll give you a wave :clapp:
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7493
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by Orange Box »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Wed Aug 26, 2026 9:06 pm Enjoy mate, I’ll give you a wave :clapp:
:wave:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2053
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed Aug 26, 2026 8:40 pm I'm missing our first home game in a very long time, as we are travelling up to Seahouses on Sunday.

Thank you the World Cup & SKY TV.
sure you would be able to find a pub that will be showing it.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Wed Aug 26, 2026 9:03 pm Oh no! It’s the only reason Mrs OB is going, to see the wonderful 64.

Hector, over to you…
What a lovely Mrs OB must be. :love:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 10:34 am sure you would be able to find a pub that will be showing it.
Depends on our travelling plans & timing of course. :tup:

If not, I can watch the whole game on LUTV from Monday onwards.

The first time I've missed an opening home game in nearly thirty years.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14625
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 10:41 am What a lovely Mrs OB must be. :love:
The matron has asked for her to return, as her pass has run out. and continue with making baskets :mrgreen:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by Rook »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Wed Aug 26, 2026 12:09 pm Season Ticket downloaded, looking forward to it.

Have we got a few from here going on Sunday?

South stand as always.

I'll give you a wave BB :wave: :wave:
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14625
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by hector »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 1:53 pm South stand as always.

I'll give you a wave BB :wave: :wave:
Sticking your middle finger up at him does not count as a wave mate...... :mrgreen:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11769
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by Barlow Boy »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 1:53 pm South stand as always.

I'll give you a wave BB :wave: :wave:
:shirtw: :shirtw: :shirtw:
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 3:12 pm :shirtw: :shirtw: :shirtw:
Gurj is a season-ticket holder in the South Stand, does the majority of away games. Easy for my old pal who lives in Birmingham.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 10:41 am What a lovely Mrs OB must be. :love:
She is.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Musicman1965
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2140
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by Musicman1965 »

Last time they came to Elland Rd they shut up shop and played on the break.
Can't see anything different to be honest, some in the prediction thread have down for a 2-0 victory, this would be amazing if it happens.
Tough game against a well organised side.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Brentford pre match chat

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Post Reply