weasel wrote: ↑Tue Sep 01, 2026 4:06 pm
Option to buy at £75m is way more than what we would be willing to pay anyway. Even if the price was say £50m would we be likely to want to pay that? Spurs have the money. Possibly Spurs offered Chelsea money to get the clause in etc.
Are you completely naive?
An option is always nice.
I think it's more likely the player wouldn't want an option
And we wouldn't either as too expensive so both happy
We do not have the capability of going out and getting players costing £50m plus. There's been at times a lot of smoke and mirrors types of things apparently happening and also on occasion some rumour of the other gaining legs in addition to Agents doing their jobs - like it or not. Very little comes out from the Club which is how things should be.
We might be looking at higher value / cost players perhaps in coming seasons all being well. At the moment we are paddling our own canoe nicely thanks.
Keep The Faith MOT WAL Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
Cjay wrote: ↑Tue Sep 01, 2026 4:12 pm
An option is always nice.
I think it's more likely the player wouldn't want an option
And we wouldn't either as too expensive so both happy
He'd see us as a step down for fitness
Spuds is a richer club with a manager he knows
Didn't want him anyway
I might try and negotiate an option to buy Leeds for £1bn in a year's time. WHo knows what I might find down the back of my settee (possibly sofa for the USA contingent).
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain