Anyways here it is, so what movies do you folks like?
What television shows do you enjoy the most?
Something to chat about innit?
:arrow:





Lassie gets me everytime Jojoluafc4eva wrote:Im not really into movies except ones with animals - Lassie, Bambi etc, although having said that, I do like Musicals. However, My all time favourite film is "Its a Wonderful Life" with James Stewart. Always makes me cry at the end.
I quite liked Brigadoon too although have only seen it once.
Favourite tv shows were/are - The Good Life, The Liver Birds, Morcambe & Wise, The Two Ronnies, The Likely Lads, The Golden Shot, Come Dine With Me, Miranda, The Paul O'Grady show, Come Dancing, X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, Match of the day, and The Football League show (Only when Leeds have won). As a child, I enjoyed watching the Woodentops, Trumpton, Camblewick Green, Andy Pandy, Tinga and Tucker, Skippy, Flipper, Multi-Coloured Swap Shop, The Magic Roundabout, and Blue Peter.
My favourite soaps are Coronation Street, Emmerdale and when it used to be on Brookside.


Some interesting series ther that i've enjoyed HarryHarryofOz wrote:Don't go to the movies much - most movies nowadays are repeats of older movies with the only real changes being to the name of the movie, not surprising really. After all how many story lines can there be? I do go to the French film festival. The last movie I saw was 'The girl with the dragon tattoo' (not part of the French film festival) which I thought was great. I also love all the Monty Python movies.
I enjoy a good comedy or thriller/cop show on telly - Spooks, the Bill (though it went soapy crap for a few seasons), Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Black Books, Seinfeld, Curb your enthusiasm, Inspector Morse, Columbo, Cracker, Sherlock Holmes and probably many more.
Animated TV - the Simpsons is brilliant.
I enjoy some nature shows - especially those presented by David Attenborough and we've recently had Last chance to see with Stephen Fry and Mark Cawardine on which was excellent (when I was in SA visiting my sisters earlier in the year I started reading the Douglas Adams book of the same name and was thoroughly enjoying that when the time arrived for me to fly home).
On a side note, I prefer reading to watching movies or TV.
Hate all so-called reality shows and soap operas.



You are obviously MOT's action man Revierevie-era wrote:
Films:
Godfather (all of em), Alien (all of em), Bournes (all of em), 12 Angry Men, In The Heat of The Night, Shawshank, Black Hawk Down, Southern Comfort, Manchurian Candidate, History Of Violence, Longest Day, Indianna Jones (all except no2), Die Hard (1+4), Deliverance, LA Confidential, Saving Private Ryan, Fistfull of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, Most Dirty Harry stuff, Casino Royal, James Bond except Roger Moore films, (Live and Let Die acceptable), Full metal Jacket, Pulp Fiction, Batman stuff (yes really), Fargo, Sin City, Terminator (all of em), Gladiator. Most old war films incl Dam Busters, Reach for The Sky etc. Apocalypto, Billy Elliot, Full Monty, Deer Hunter, Ghostbusters 1, Leon, Man on Fire, Oliver.


A real mix there, wouldn't expect thing less from the threads reformed characterCSA wrote:Bestest Films for me Include.
THREADS. (SUMMED UP THE FEAR IN THE EIGHTIES, BRILLIANT FILM, A MUST SEE)
THE WICKER MAN (ORIGINAL ONE)
SCHINDLERS LIST (HOW CAN ANYONE NOT BE MOVED BY THIS)
GODS & GENERALS (MY AVATAR SAYS IT ALL)
bestest tv series.
LIFE ON MARS/ASHES TO ASHES. (CLASSICS)
'V' ORIGINAL MINI SERIES (PURE CHEESE BUT GREAT TO WATCH)
DOOMWATCH (A CLASSIC FROM THE SEVENTIES)
AN IDIOT ABROAD (SIDESPLITTINGLY FUNNY AT TIMES)
comedy.
CLASSIC GOLD
DADS ARMY.
STEPTOE
ONLY FOOLS
BLACKADDER
RECENT.
SOUTH PARK
ROYLE FAMILY
FACEJACKER/PHONEJACKER
PHEONIX NIGHTS
THE OFFICE (UK)
IM ALAN PARTRIDGE.
soaps
ZILCH.
REALITY
DOUBLE ZILCH.
JUST MY THOUGHTS.


I suspect reality shows/Strictly/X Factor are more a feminine thing Revierevie-era wrote:How could I forget Partridge - great stuff, and Dads Army, - Mrs R has never understood the irony in Dads Army, Fawlty Towers etc, - must be a bloke thing?
dont watch Soaps, hate reality TV, - absolute cobblers.
Also hate Simon Cowell and all that stuff, not a Strictly fan either, but the mrs enjoys that.

Threads is a brilliant (if harrowing) potrayal of the build up to and aftermath of nuclear war, look it up on IMDB.1964white wrote: Haven't seen the film Threads, it's that good CSA



It wouldn't be Christmas/New Year in Australia if the Sound of Music wasn't on telly - and I watch it nearly every year1964white wrote: Favourite films - Where Eagles Dare The Sound Of Music
