Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2119
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia.

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Brader wrote:hopefully ross will come back from the scotland friendly ready to go.
Cannot wait for this. its felt like a looooooooooong pre season.
It has been a loooong pre season :P

hopefully they all turn up ready to go. We need some passion this time around!
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Gurj »

If Diouf was fully match fit, which he clearly isnt given NW's comments on Sat after the game, I would have started with him wide right but instead I would put Varney out there and play Aidan White left midfield - I cant see it happening but thats what i would do as it would give us much needed pace on the flanks.

So my team on Sat would be

Kenny
Pelts
Lees
Pearce
Drury
Varney
Austin
Norris
White
Ross
Luciano

I dont expect that to be the actual starting XI though.....
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Gurj »

If Diouf was fully match fit, which he clearly isnt given NW's comments on Sat after the game, I would have started with him wide right but instead I would put Varney out there and play Aidan White left midfield - I cant see it happening but thats what i would do as it would give us much needed pace on the flanks.

So my team on Sat would be

Kenny
Pelts
Lees
Pearce
Drury
Varney
Austin
Norris
White
Ross
Luciano

I dont expect that to be the actual starting XI though.....
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2119
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia.

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Gurj wrote:If Diouf was fully match fit, which he clearly isnt given NW's comments on Sat after the game, I would have started with him wide right but instead I would put Varney out there and play Aidan White left midfield - I cant see it happening but thats what i would do as it would give us much needed pace on the flanks.

So my team on Sat would be

Kenny
Pelts
Lees
Pearce
Drury
Varney
Austin
Norris
White
Ross
Luciano

I dont expect that to be the actual starting XI though.....
I went with the same setup. I don't think it will be the starting 11, but I think it would be good to see.

Having Drury behind White, so he can get forward would be good also.
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Gino 1959 »

I see both Doyle and Ward have pulled out of the Ireland game. Won't be surprised if they feature against us, tho' :evil:

Isn't there a rule about not being able to play for your club if you pulled out of an international with injury or does that apply only to competitive matches :duno:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Gino 1959 wrote:I see both Doyle and Ward have pulled out of the Ireland game. Won't be surprised if they feature against us, tho' :evil:

Isn't there a rule about not being able to play for your club if you pulled out of an international with injury or does that apply only to competitive matches :duno:
I think it can be enforced for friendly matches but rarely is.
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Twiggster »

Add Foley to the wolves injury list! :tup:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155342
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

So what attendance are we looking at for our first league game of the season ?
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2119
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia.

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Kyle_5351 »

1964white wrote:So what attendance are we looking at for our first league game of the season ?
30k+ :mrgreen:
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Gurj »

According to O/S around 25k which given the game is live on Sky and this is a Cat A game, is a damn good turn out !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
User avatar
BobHirst
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3453
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by BobHirst »

I'm really jealous of all of you who are going to the game. :mrgreen:
Think of me at 6:30 am (my time), sat on my sofa, in my underwear, hoping to get a good stream of the game on my computer.

LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
User avatar
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 872
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:09 pm
Location: Armley

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by patlufc »

BobHirst wrote:I'm really jealous of all of you who are going to the game. :mrgreen:
Think of me at 6:30 am (my time), sat on my sofa, in my underwear, hoping to get a good stream of the game on my computer.

LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
In the words of someone from the past " this post is no good without pics" :lol:
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
User avatar
BobHirst
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3453
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by BobHirst »

patlufc wrote:
In the words of someone from the past " this post is no good without pics" :lol:

Just imagine me as Brad Pitt sat there :lol: (Trust me, that's better than the reality)
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by becchio bear »

patlufc wrote:
In the words of someone from the past " this post is no good without pics" :lol:
:roflmao: :roflmao: Ha ha Pat, yeah we want pics :P :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Crude »

BobHirst wrote:I'm really jealous of all of you who are going to the game. :mrgreen:
Think of me at 6:30 am (my time), sat on my sofa, in my underwear, hoping to get a good stream of the game on my computer.

LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
Same here Bob, same here. Come check out VLR tomorrow. Info below....

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=21

MOT!
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Twiggster »

Dunno how busy VLR will be, lads. Live on telly everywhere. Televised games aren't usually that busy in the chatroom.

For live streams check my Wiziwig signature link.
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Crude »

I'll be there talking to myself if nothing else. Maybe the NewOwners will show up again in VLR? :mrgreen:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by becchio bear »

Crude United wrote:I'll be there talking to myself if nothing else. Maybe the NewOwners will show up again in VLR? :mrgreen:
I'll be in there Dan multitasking, watching the game on telly and typing in VLR :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

Gurj wrote:According to O/S around 25k which given the game is live on Sky and this is a Cat A game, is a damn good turn out !!
baker boy is one of the 25k .
Come super LUFC
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

BobHirst wrote:I'm really jealous of all of you who are going to the game. :mrgreen:
Think of me at 6:30 am (my time), sat on my sofa, in my underwear, hoping to get a good stream of the game on my computer.

LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
Hi Bob

fare play to u. Enjoy your morning coffee, as I have my afternoon pint ;-);-) nice to see a top LUFC fan

LEEDS LEEDS
Post Reply