Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

becchio bear wrote:
I'll be in there Dan multitasking, watching the game on telly and typing in VLR :lol: :bear:
Hi BB

Will you be ironing my tight fitting under pants while watching the game Angela ;-) LOL

PS hows BB today?
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

Crude United wrote:I'll be there talking to myself if nothing else. Maybe the NewOwners will show up again in VLR? :mrgreen:
ok yes I'm going???? ALL WILL REVILED :-);-):-);-)
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by becchio bear »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: Hi BB

Will you be ironing my tight fitting under pants while watching the game Angela ;-) LOL

PS hows BB today?
Ha ha no not unless they happen to be in my laundry basket :lol: My ironing will have taken place in the morning though, I don't iron when Leeds are on the telly.

I'm good ta, thanks for asking. How are you Baker Boy, looking forward to the match? You should've gone last week :wink: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

Hi BB
I can't wait for tomorrow.
been home to fetch famille. Harry is going to primrose valley with mum & dad, for the week, so he won't be at the game tomorrow :-( but I'm looking forward to meeting DD and 64 and anyone else that's going, shame your not going Angela:-(
joluafc4eva

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by joluafc4eva »

Im going with our Dan - however, you can all breath a sigh of relief - I dont do meet-ups. Will just about get up to Leeds in time for the kick-off and then maybe a mooch around the shop after the game and then home.
Last edited by joluafc4eva on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

joluafc4eva wrote:Im going with our Dan - sorry folks though, I dont do meet-ups. Will just about get up to Leeds in time for the kick-off and then maybe a mooch around the shop and then home.
:-(
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Drs.Dad »

joluafc4eva wrote:Im going with our Dan - however, you can all breath a sigh of relief - I dont do meet-ups. Will just about get up to Leeds in time for the kick-off and then maybe a mooch around the shop after the game and then home.


Not unless I spot you in the crowd and point you out to the Baker Boy. :mrgreen:
Image
joluafc4eva

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by joluafc4eva »

Drs.Dad wrote:


Not unless I spot you in the crowd and point you out to the Baker Boy. :mrgreen:
I dont mind saying hello in the ground but just standing around outside the ground trying to think of summat to say just doesnt appeal to me anymore.
User avatar
BobHirst
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3454
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by BobHirst »

Crude United wrote: Same here Bob, same here. Come check out VLR tomorrow. Info below....

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=21

MOT!
I'll see if I can get on at half-time, to say hello and (a) share the joy or (b) piss and moan. I'm voting for (a).
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by becchio bear »

BobHirst wrote: I'll see if I can get on at half-time, to say hello and (a) share the joy or (b) piss and moan. I'm voting for (a).
Could you do the first part of (b) before joining VLR? :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
BobHirst
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3454
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by BobHirst »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: Hi Bob

fare play to u. Enjoy your morning coffee, as I have my afternoon pint ;-);-) nice to see a top LUFC fan

LEEDS LEEDS
Thanks Baker Boy.
It will be a nice mug of PG Tips for me. It's probably too early for beer!
Hope you enjoy the game.
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

BobHirst wrote:
Thanks Baker Boy.
It will be a nice mug of PG Tips for me. It's probably too early for beer!
Hope you enjoy the game.
will do Bob
leaving Kent to drive up to Leeds in 10mins, very excited.
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

Baker is here just some cash in the shop
User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4249
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by dezzy »

Really looking forward to this game, and really think we can get 3 points out of it. Southampton pulled out a big preformance at the strat of last season that was expected and managed to push on, hope we can do something similar :-D
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
User avatar
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Dead happy with that result. Also happy that there was a total absence of negative chants, it was all about the team today :-D
User avatar
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1948
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by theleedsmango »

What a good game/test to start the season with. Started the game excellently, but as last year, faltered a little towards the end, and became a little shaky.

Still, some stand out performances.

McCormack - Ross possesses an outstanding first touch. The partnership with a reinvigorated Becchio is going to be great again, and will hopefully see him perform as well as in his Keogh partnership last season. Seemed quite confident with his play, which is what you want from a striker, and seems ready to be the talisman for the club, left vacant by Snodgrass.

Austin - Lived up to the hype, which I didn't think he would to be honest. Absolute beastly performance, making some well timed tackles and filling in the defence when needed. A possible man of the match. I'm really excited to see what this guy can do.

Byram - Was shocked by his introduction as a starter in this game, but could see why; Sam is determined to prove himself to the rest of his team, and had Jarvis completely under control, forcing Wolves to take a different tactical approach. Maybe too keen at times, getting a yellow card from trying a bit too hard. Still, another contender for man of the match.

Pearce - Rock solid in defence; just what we need. I don't think Wolves strike force was on point today, and it won't be the hardest one we are tested with, but Pearce and his (temporary?) partner, and captain, Pelts looked strong today, and worked well with...

Kenny - Great distribution to set up the sole goal of the match. Looked calm when under attack, and definitely looks organised and confident. Going to be a real asset for us this season. Today didn't see him doing too much, and hopefully it stays that way.

White - Didn't see too much of him at the start, probably because he was in a defensive position, and the opposition attack kept approaching the opposite wing. His one slip when Wolves changed tactics down the right wing, which almost led to a goal, rattled his nerves a bit, almost giving a way a silly penalty later in the game.

Becchio - Looked far better than last season, some well timed headers, and a great goal to boot. Return of the great Becchio? I hope so!!

Others played relatively well, but I there were some stand out performances this game: Byram and Austin particularly - a young kid and a nobody from a foreign league...not the players we thought would overly boost our team; but what an impact they have had so far. Hope Green's injury isn't too serious.

Can't wait to hear the opinions of those at the game! A great win to start of the season off. Things are looking good.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
User avatar
barryanorak
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3191
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by barryanorak »

joluafc4eva wrote:Im going with our Dan - however, you can all breath a sigh of relief - I dont do meet-ups. Will just about get up to Leeds in time for the kick-off and then maybe a mooch around the shop after the game and then home.
And then some bugger spoils it all by saying hello after the game!

Lovely to meet you :-D
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79190
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

Kenny 9
Byram 7
Pearson 8
Petier 7
White 3
Green 6
Austin 9
Norris 8
Varney 5
McCormack 8
Becchio 8

Diouff
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

What a wonderful day at ER, we won and baker boy meet Drs Dad and family
Missed 64:-(
joluafc4eva

Leeds v Wolves...Views/Reports/Ratings

Post by joluafc4eva »

barryanorak wrote:
And then some bugger spoils it all by saying hello after the game!

Lovely to meet you :-D
yeah there is always summat to go and spoil your day ;-)

Was lovely it meet you too :-)
Post Reply