The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 17th December) - Fans jump to Tyler Roberts defence
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Lumiukko
- First Team

- Posts: 2377
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: Santa Monica, USA
Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 17th December) - Fans jump to Tyler Roberts defence
Roberts:
I'm not a huge fan of him, but I'll back him like all our players. And to be fair, with the run of starts he is getting he has shown improved form. Jury still out for me on him, and for me he has the remainder of the season to show consistency (though I won't knock him for that if MB starts to play him as 15 minute sub, shifts him around each week, or something similar).
Transfers in January:
We would be mad not to procure reinforcements in January. I think the cash is there given the stakes, but to what extent I do not know. Swift seems to be a reliable rumour, and I think sadly the likes of Cabral, Nandez, et al are just pie in t'sky.
As for loans, if it were me, I'd consider getting Bogusz and Davis back, though I am not sure if these were ever in the plans following their loans and were loans to buy deals. Bogusz if anything I'd like to see back.
Bielsa:
Love too hear fighting talk from MB, and hopefully this rubs off on the players too. I wouldn't want to see him gone, and if anyone can turn this ship around it's MB. Should he do that, I'd be happy for him to stay next season and would hope we spend on quality for the squad, and MB can re-assess how big a squad he needs.
I'm not a huge fan of him, but I'll back him like all our players. And to be fair, with the run of starts he is getting he has shown improved form. Jury still out for me on him, and for me he has the remainder of the season to show consistency (though I won't knock him for that if MB starts to play him as 15 minute sub, shifts him around each week, or something similar).
Transfers in January:
We would be mad not to procure reinforcements in January. I think the cash is there given the stakes, but to what extent I do not know. Swift seems to be a reliable rumour, and I think sadly the likes of Cabral, Nandez, et al are just pie in t'sky.
As for loans, if it were me, I'd consider getting Bogusz and Davis back, though I am not sure if these were ever in the plans following their loans and were loans to buy deals. Bogusz if anything I'd like to see back.
Bielsa:
Love too hear fighting talk from MB, and hopefully this rubs off on the players too. I wouldn't want to see him gone, and if anyone can turn this ship around it's MB. Should he do that, I'd be happy for him to stay next season and would hope we spend on quality for the squad, and MB can re-assess how big a squad he needs.
- Carrick Dave
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 6752
- Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm
Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 17th December) - Fans jump to Tyler Roberts defence
Does anyone know why Greenwood isn't being progressed given our urgent need for a gifted 10? He was neck & neck with Joffy for top scorer in the U23s last year, and has a lot of class. Others appear to be considered capable of doing a job but he gets ignored. Strange?faaip wrote: ↑Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:00 pm This is an interesting one because even at full strength Tyler is probably the best ten at the club as we speak. Rodrigo hasn't played well there at all, Klich is fading, Forshaw isn't a ten. Gelhardt might be Roberts competitor for the role but Gelhardt is a forward for me.
If we got Bogusz back and if he got in the first team squad and if he played well then that might be problem solved at AMF but that's a lot of if's
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79035
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 17th December) - Fans jump to Tyler Roberts defence
Might just take him a little more time, again for me he's more of a 9/false 9.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"